PDA

View Full Version : Guess what this is & get a free PICkit 1 starter kit

Bruce
- 2nd February 2010, 23:49
I have a brand spanking new PICkit 1 FLASH Starter Kit, which I have no use for whatsoever, that I will ship to the first person that answers this question.

Rules:

1. The winning person is willing to pay for whatever shipping they want it delivered by.
2. The winner allows me to post his/her name & answer here.

I.E. you pay for the shipping of your choice, and you get the new PICkit 1 FLASH Starter Kit for FREE. No strings attached.

This simple code example is for a PIC18F2431, and there are a few things missing, but, if you're good, or can read a data sheet, you can figure out & explain in detail what it's doing.

Explain, in detail, what this code example is doing, and you're the winner.

Main:
WHILE !PIR1.1
WEND
PIR1.1 = 0
PORTB.0 = PORTB.0 ^ 1
GOTO Main

Yeah - I know - the kit is only $36.00 new, but I thought this would be a lot more fun than selling the darn thing on eBay....:)

Archangel
- 3rd February 2010, 00:54
I have a brand spanking new PICkit 1 FLASH Starter Kit, which I have no use for whatsoever, that I will ship to the first person that answers this question.

Rules:

1. The winning person is willing to pay for whatever shipping they want it delivered by.
2. The winner allows me to post his/her name & answer here.

I.E. you pay for the shipping of your choice, and you get the new PICkit 1 FLASH Starter Kit for FREE. No strings attached.

This simple code example is for a PIC18F2431, and there are a few things missing, but, if you're good, or can read a data sheet, you can figure out & explain in detail what it's doing.

Explain, in detail, what this code example is doing, and you're the winner.

Main:
WHILE !PIR1.1
WEND
PIR1.1 = 0
PORTB.0 = PORTB.0 ^ 1
GOTO Main

Yeah - I know - the kit is only $36.00 new, but I thought this would be a lot more fun than selling the darn thing on eBay....:)
Hi Bruce,
here is my try:
PIR1.1 . . . Timer2 interrupt flag bit

wait fo tmr2if to set
then clear it and toggle PortB.0
loop

Bruce
- 3rd February 2010, 01:00
Yep. Congratulations. How would you like your PICkit 1 FLASH Starter kit shipped?

Archangel
- 3rd February 2010, 01:09
Yep. Congratulations. How would you like your PICkit 1 FLASH Starter kit shipped?

Hi BRUCE, Thank You,
You know what, this was fun, but I do not need this thing, So I would like to up the ante', you make a harder problem, and I will pay the shipping up to $20.00 which I can PayPal to you, and maybe restrict the game to forum users of less than 1 year, so as to somewhat restrict it to newbies who probably need it anyway.

Bruce
- 3rd February 2010, 01:47
Hey Joe,

That's really a nice gesture, and kudos-to-you, "not surprising I might add", but you won it fare & square, and I will ship it to you at my actual cost, so it's still a whopper of a deal. Priority Mail is $4.95. Not bad for a $36.00 kit. If you don't want/need it, just do the same thing here, and give it away to someone else if you like.

FYI: I'll have one more (maybe more) soon, for a much more expensive PIC related item, and the question will be a LOT harder.

And, I'll let everyone know 24 hours in advance, before I post the question, to give everyone a shot at it. And I'll let everyone know the precise time, here in Colorado, that I'm going to post the question so it's fair to everyone in different countries.

Note these 1st 2 items aren't things I have paid for, and it's a lot more satisfying just giving them to folks here that have helped us stay in business for the last several years. A pay-it-forward kinda thing..;o)

If the more experienced folks here want to hold-off to give a newbie the chance, then that's totally up to them, but part of the next multiple part question will have a little twist to make sure the winner is a registered user of PBP...:)