PDA

View Full Version : USB hid maker help please.

BobEdge
- 13th January 2010, 13:32
Hi all,
Is there anyone out there who uses Hid maker FS?
I can make a simple device with inputs & outputs, but I am having trouble implementing a joystick. I have attached the hid maker project files if anyone can take a look at them.
Hid maker does produce the pbp code, but during compile there is an error in the descript.asm file "String1_L1 not previously defined"
At the same time micro code studio says sucsess, and a hex file is produced.
But there is no joystick shown in windows, though in device manager my attempted joystick is shown as working.
I have trawled through the usb standards, but I can't find the answer. Trouble is I dont know if this is something I am doing wrong, or if it is a hid maker problem.
Amy help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob...

Gaston
- 28th March 2013, 23:57
Hi Bob.
Have you solved the problem with the Joystick? I have the same issue, working with the Hi Tech compiler so it must be the descriptors definitions.( i am new using the Hid maker ) so if you have any tips iŽll appreciated

BobEdge
- 2nd April 2013, 10:04
Hi Gaston,

Yes I did have some success. Unfortunately I lost the files for the completed project when a computer crashed. I do still have a basic version which as far as I remember works. The final product was a joystick with 12 buttons, hat switch, and 6 axes.
If you PM me your email I can send you the files.

You are right it is all down to the descriptor file. Once you have a basic 2 axis joystick working it is just a case of adding more to the descriptor, then adding the code to the pic program.

Regards
Bob...

Gaston
- 3rd April 2013, 14:49
Thanks Bob.
I have solved the problem . It was a matter of understanding how to build the descriptors using hidmaker. I am using an old version 1.0.0.23 but it works.

Regards
Gaston