PDA

View Full Version : A little blast from my past...

Byte_Butcher
- 7th January 2010, 05:40
I was digging through "old stuff" and ran across a flyer from Godbout Electronics, circa 1979.
There's a few of pages of "Compukit" products for S-100 bus computers. (are you old enough to remember..?)
It's amazing how much things have changed in 30 years.

Oooh look, heres some memory...

-----------

CompuKit Econoram VI:
"Super memory for a super machine. H8 compatable. This 12K x 8 kit offers the same features as our Econoram series. Static design configured as 2 blocks (one 8K and one 4K), switch selected protect, sockets for all ICs... plus the required hardware and edge connector to mate mechanically with the H8. As a bonus, ALL sockets and bypass capacitors are pre-soldered to the circuit board so you can start right in on the fun of building this high quality memory kit.

UNKIT. . . . . . . . . .. . . $235.00
Assembled & tested . . . $270.00

__

*Econoram VII :

"24K x 8 board that's guaranteed to draw less than 2500 mA for cool conservative operation. Typical boards draw less than 1.8 Amps. Runs DMA 2 or 4 MHz Configured as two 4K blocks (each independent) for unique addressing options. Can be used with or without phantom lines and has provisions for two qualifiers for user defined bulk memory, bank select, or other applications. Uses 4K x 1 proven,reliable static memories.

UNKIT PRICE (Sockets and disc caps pre-soldered) . . . . $445.00
Assembled & tested. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$485.00
*CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$605.00

*CSC* Our new program called Certified Systems Components. Any person who orders a CSC board will receive a serial numbered,assembled & tested unit. It will be a 200 hour burned in board guaranteed to run at 4MHz. If the board happens to fail within a year of invoice date, the unit will be exchanged immediately-even before receipt of the defective board. The customer is responsible for shipping costs both ways."

*Econoram is a trade mark of Bill Godbout Electronics

----------------

Wow! 24K x 8 Ram that draws 2 amps @ 4MHz, for only $485.00 :)
Funny... that seemed really good at the time....

Wow. I think I'm getting old... :(

steve

mackrackit
- 8th January 2010, 03:23
NO!
Not old...

Mature... Yep, that is what I call it :)

Byte_Butcher
- 9th January 2010, 02:16
NO!
Not old...

Mature... Yep, that is what I call it :)

Mature!? Wow, it's been a while since someone accused me of THAT!

I sure hope my eyesight doesn't "mature" too much more or I'll have to give up on electronics. I dropped TWO 0603 resistors today and never did find them. More fodder for the vacuum cleaner. sigh....