PDA

View Full Version : Specify PIC in code

Normnet
- 4th December 2009, 09:55
Is their a Define to specify the PIC# to be programmed?

The new FineLine IDE could automatically select the PIC# to program if it could be found in code.

Norm

mackrackit
- 4th December 2009, 12:56
Are you still having FineLine create the BAT and invoking it?
If so then say on the first line of PIC code have something like

'#16Fxxx

Have Fineline parse the first line and use that info in the BAT. If the code is later used in another editor the "shebang?" line will not effect anything.

Just a thought...

Acetronics2
- 4th December 2009, 13:13
Hi Dave and Normnet

A while ago, I had been looking for such feature ( a post might remain here ...) but Halas ...

the "usual" IDEs ( MCS and MPLAB ) need to define the processor BEFORE executing anything from the source ...

IF it could have been made ... I'm sure it would already exist !!! no ???

Alain

mackrackit
- 4th December 2009, 13:58
Hi Dave and Normnet

A while ago, I had been looking for such feature ( a post might remain here ...) but Halas ...

the "usual" IDEs ( MCS and MPLAB ) need to define the processor BEFORE executing anything from the source ...

IF it could have been made ... I'm sure it would already exist !!! no ???

Alain
But Norm is not making the "usual" :)
The PIC select drop down in MCS pretty much does the same thing as I described. It passes the parameter at compile time. Norm just needs a way to pass that info into his command line type BAT. Kind of like using note pad.

But no, there is not a way to do it in the normal IDEs.

Normnet
- 5th December 2009, 00:03
I had planned for the versions following beta several FineLine "Comment Directives" such as:
'FL PIC18F4520
'FL START OF SUB
'FL END OF SUB
but wasn't sure if a declare existed which would auto select the PICxxx for the IDE drop down menu.

'FL PIC18F452 style Comment Directive will be added for the beta.

Norm