PDA

View Full Version : device not recognized

Hylan
- 16th November 2009, 01:09
I've got a new board I'm playing with. I got 2 stuffed for testing. I can program 1. The other one I programmed and went to reprogram and when I try, the program says that the device doesn't match the selected PIC?
I checked and everything is correct. The PIC is an 18F6520.
I turned off the device verification and then it just won't erase and stops.
I read the device info and it says FFFF.
Is there a way to over ride or completely reset the device? I tried the "reset device" and that didn't do anything. I'm wonder if the PIC is just toasted.

Thoughts?

mackrackit
- 16th November 2009, 03:02
Software and programmer info might help.

But in general, sometimes the 18s need extra capacitors across VDD and VSS.

Mus.me
- 16th November 2009, 08:35
I've got a new board I'm playing with. I got 2 stuffed for testing. I can program 1. The other one I programmed and went to reprogram and when I try, the program says that the device doesn't match the selected PIC?
I checked and everything is correct. The PIC is an 18F6520.
I turned off the device verification and then it just won't erase and stops.
I read the device info and it says FFFF.
Is there a way to over ride or completely reset the device? I tried the "reset device" and that didn't do anything. I'm wonder if the PIC is just toasted.

Thoughts?
i had the same problem many times im useing jdm programmer it was the protct code sometimes u cant read or write i had to use NT PIC PROGRAMMER SOFTWARE IT ONLY FOR F84 I CLICK ON CLEAR CP AND ERASE THAN PIC WORKS ON MY PROGRAMMER IM SURE ITS THE PROTECT CODE WHICH CUZ THAT .IT SEEMS LIKE PIC IS DAMAGED. BUT U CAN TRY OTHER SOFTWARE OR PROGRAMMER TO ERASE IT AND CLEAR CP. HOPE THIS HELP

Hylan
- 21st November 2009, 17:21
Thanks for your help. I finally got a couple more boards built and they all worked fine. Had the one reflowed but it still didn't work so I'm guessing the PIC got man handled or something.