PDA

View Full Version : Cant change target processor to compile

ozarkshermit
- 9th November 2009, 18:25
Major Problem - for me -

Somehow something must have gotten corrupted - I cannot change the target processor because there is no longer a drop-down processor box shown on the MCS screen. I get it when using MCS Plus. Things were working fine up until today. Will I have to reload MCS from the CD ?

I select a new file, but still the drop down box does not appear - as it is supposed to according to the MCS help file

I am trying to compile a program for a 16f870, but get a multitude of errors because the compiler must still think I am using a 12F683 . . .

The statement below is from the help file:

"
Before compiling your program, ensure that the correct processor has been selected from the drop down target processor box. You can generate a lot of errors, particularly at the assembler stage if an incorrect processor is selected. Once you have compiled and assembled your program, you do not need to set the target processor each time you open your source file. MicroCode Studio will automatically select the correct device for you.
"

Probably something simple but it is driving me crazy.

Help !

Ken

ozarkshermit
- 9th November 2009, 18:31
CANCEL THAT . . .

Well, stupidity on my part once again got the best of me. After posting my question I figured out that I needed to change the toolbar

DOH ! ! !

Sorry for the needless post

Ken