PDA

View Full Version : Running PBP from the commandline

The Master
- 22nd August 2009, 03:10
Hi, When compiling through the command line is there any way to set the output path?

Melanie
- 22nd August 2009, 10:38
pbp -h
pbp -?
pbpw -h
pbpw -?

The above variants (take your pick) list the only available command line options.

PM

The above command on it's own will generate a list of PM available options.

If you're using -ampasmwin then there might be some presets somewhere within the Microchip Assembler that could be changed (I've not looked though).

mackrackit
- 22nd August 2009, 12:37
As far as I can remember the output is in the same directory as the BAS file being compiled.
Why do you want to change the path?

The Master
- 30th August 2009, 06:11
I dont really like the microcode studio IDE so i decided to use notepad++ instead. The problem is that it wont compile it so ive added an item to the context menus for .pbp files. When i right-click a file there is now a "Compile" option which runs an app i made. That app copies the .pbp file to a temp folder (because of the long path issue) then executes the compiler and copies the .hex file back to where the source file is.

I had a look through everything that comes up when i run those commands but it doesnt seem to have an option to change the output folder (only the input file). It turns out that it uses the current working directory. I changed that in my app and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help