PDA

View Full Version : Installing PICBASIC PRO

tiredengr
- 8th June 2009, 20:06
I'm a newbe and have limited computor background and am having problems getting PBP working with MP LABS 8.15. Computer is running Win. XP. I have installed MPLAB 8.15, Installed PBP 2.5 from the disk, and extracted the MPLAB PLUGINS to the C\PBP folder. The following statement has been added to the end of PATH per the instructions.
"%SystemRoot\System32\C:PBP;C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite"
The PBP Compiler has been set in the 'Language Tool Locations'.
I have a very simple program using a 16F690 and the "BLINK" sample code.
Compiling using F10 always results in the same error message: "ERROR: Unable to execute mpasmwin". I have been working on this for several days and have been making zero progress. The programs have been removed and reinstalled multiple times and multiple restarts after changes; but always the same result. The forum files have been searched using "Unable to execute mpasmwin" as the search string which brought up nine paths which I followed and tried some of the fixes. One fix using a Basic window I did not understand so did not try it.
I did have PBP Demo installed (downloaded from home site) and along with MPLABS 8.15 and it worked well being able to compile using F10 in MPLABS.
I will appreciate any help this group can offer. I have a project to complete and am at a standstill until this issue is resolved.
Sorry for the rambling. Rod

locko
- 9th June 2009, 01:41
Sorry, I have never used PiBasic with the MPLAB plugins so cant help you with that but I'm sure someone else will chime in with ideas.

I would suggest that you download Microcode studio and give it a go (I love it). You can choose whether to use PM or MPASM as the assembler and it can interface to several programmers too.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Paul

GoldStar
- 10th June 2009, 02:41
Check out this article:
http://www.melabs.com/support/mplab.htm

tiredengr
- 10th June 2009, 04:12
Hi GoldStar,

Thanks for the reply. I have been using the MELabs install procedure as well as Chuck Hellebuyck's article in May 08 N&V. Rod