PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: Macro MOD?TCB not found in macro file.

JohnP
- 17th February 2009, 08:05
ERROR: Macro MOD?TCB not found in macro file.

Does anyone know what this compile error refers to? It gives no line number or traceable information.

I've been programming 18F4620 PICs using PBP and a MELABS USB programmer with no other real problems.

Also, hopefully unrelated, after updating PBP from 2.46 to 2.46a I notice that my version of MCSP changed from version 3.0.0.5 to 2.3.0.0. This confuses me, but I don't know if it's part of the above problem. I really don't understand how the macros work; can someone point me to a reference on Macros.

John P

Darrel Taylor
- 17th February 2009, 11:56
ERROR: Macro MOD?TCB not found in macro file.

Somewhere in your program, you are trying to calculate the Modulus (//) of a BIT variable divided by a CONSTANT.

JohnP
- 17th February 2009, 17:53
Darryl,

Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

Only with your help could I find the problem. There was a problem with calculating a modulus 10. My PCs have been running a little jerky lately and there are 2-3 second pauses between editing keystrokes and displaying that stroke on the screen. I must have inadvertently changed
Temp10 // 10
to
Temp10//

It was perfectly good code before doing a massive coding change, so I naturally kept going thru the newly changed code looking for my problem instead of the real error.

Thanks again!!

John P

JohnP
- 17th February 2009, 18:18
Darrel,

I apologize for mis-spelling your first name. I was so excited after finding my problem that I used my nephews spelling of the name. Sorry

John P
Virginia Beach, VA. USA

PS I didn't notice the error until I was searching for array information and saw your article on EEProm variables. I will download that article because it may help my other prioblem on clearing a whole array with one command. If not, I'm sure there is plenty to learn. Thanks for that article, too.

John P

Darrel Taylor
- 17th February 2009, 19:10
No problem John.

That's the way my brother spells it. :D

EE_Vars can't work with arrays, so I'm not sure how much help it will be for you.
<br>