PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Find A Book

fleawhisk
- 29th December 2004, 01:27
I am new to this forum but was reviewing the melabs archives and found that last Jan. someone on their site mentioned a book by Les Johnson entitled "Experimenting with the Pic Basic Pro Compiler". Does anyone know where I might purchase this book?

Thanks in Advance

mister_e
- 29th December 2004, 01:42
i saw this book on www.rentron.com in the past... seems to be unavailable on the site now but you can e-mail Bruce : [email protected]

BTW you can find it there:
http://www.microengineeringlabs.com/products/books/exbook.htm

http://www.crownhill.co.uk/level3.php?cat=100

BobK
- 29th December 2004, 02:02
Hello to all and Happy Holidays!

I tried buying this book earlier this year but was told by MEL that it was no longer available. I followed Mister_E's link and saw the writeup on it but that's as far as it goes. I went directly to their site and the book doesn't come up in their offerings. I'm going to look on Amazon.com and see if they have any.

Good luck!

Bob K

Bruce
- 29th December 2004, 16:51
Crownhill still has an order button for this book on their website, but I'm fairly sure they don't have them in stock.

You could contact Crownhill directly for a more definitive answer, but my understanding was this book would no longer be published due to low sales volumes.

Melanie
- 29th December 2004, 19:00
I have found a copy of the Book "Experimenting with the PICBASIC Pro Compiler" by Les Johnson in our engineering Library. ISBN unlisted. You are more than welcome to buy it off us. - Sold!

We also have "PIC BASIC an introduction" by Eric Edwards and Neil (Jasper) Roberts. ISBN 1-903719-02-X. New and Complete with CD. - Still Available

First come, first gets. Contact me off-list.

fleawhisk
- 30th December 2004, 23:35
I have found a copy of the book and it has a CD ROM with files that I cannot open. Does anyone know what software will open the files? They are ".bas" files.

TIA

Original
- 31st December 2004, 00:58
Notepad

mister_e
- 31st December 2004, 14:49
almost every TEXT editor

As propose :
1. Notepad
2. MPLAB
3. MicroCode Studio
4. Word
4. Wordpad (maybe)
4. Dos EDIT

fleawhisk
- 31st December 2004, 18:11
Original and mister_e: THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The notepad worked fine.

I had spent sev. hr.s on the day before trying Winzip/downloads ect. to open----what a waste of time(speaking of waist ; it has grown the last 2 wks.s)----->NRP