PDA

View Full Version : MpLAB icd 2 Microcode studio plus

mitchf14
- 23rd January 2009, 02:20
I just bought a new MPLAB icd 2 and i can't seem to programing anything on my pic with MPLAB ide software, it says it programmed successful but when i do a read from the pic nothing comes up, or even after i program it i got check the memory and none is used. I've been programing with microcode studio plus for quit a while and am very comfortable programing with it, is their a way i can use my USC ICD 2 with microcode studio, i tried adding the programmer but its not in the list so tried making a custom one but i need a loader (.exe) for it i check both web site and came up with nothing.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Archangel
- 23rd January 2009, 04:33
I just bought a new MPLAB icd 2 and i can't seem to programing anything on my pic with MPLAB ide software, it says it programmed successful but when i do a read from the pic nothing comes up, or even after i program it i got check the memory and none is used. I've been programing with microcode studio plus for quit a while and am very comfortable programing with it, is their a way i can use my USC ICD 2 with microcode studio, i tried adding the programmer but its not in the list so tried making a custom one but i need a loader (.exe) for it i check both web site and came up with nothing.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.
I used to use a JDM clone programmer, and if the settings got switched to the wrong COM port, it would say it was successful when in fact nothing was programmed.

mitchf14
- 23rd January 2009, 04:42
Its a usb programmer so maybe it has something to do with the driver.

Thanks Joe

mitchf14
- 23rd January 2009, 14:51
Would anyone know if i can use a different loader for the mplab icd 2, i can just write my code in microcode studio plus and compile file, then open a different loader with my hex file from microcode and program the chip.

Archangel
- 23rd January 2009, 19:16
Would anyone know if i can use a different loader for the mplab icd 2, i can just write my code in microcode studio plus and compile file, then open a different loader with my hex file from microcode and program the chip.Hi Mitch, I have never used a bootloader, but I do use PICKIT2 and I do not call it from MCS I open it
separately and from it I call up the hex.

mitchf14
- 26th January 2009, 14:32
Ya that's exactly how i got it working i build my code in micro studio plus compile it and then open mlapide and import my hex setup my programmer in the settings and it works.

Kind of a work around but it works.

Thanks

Archangel
- 26th January 2009, 17:35
There is a recent thread I have not yet tried as to how to make PICKIT2 work from MCS. I have gotten used to doing it the other way.

mister_e
- 26th January 2009, 22:40
MAYBE you should have a look at
http://piklab.sourceforge.net/index.php
http://piklab.wiki.sourceforge.net/Command-line+Utility+