PDA

View Full Version : Pic programmer and software

mitchf14
- 7th January 2009, 01:46
Can anyone tell me if their is any good pic software and programmers that works for all kinds of dsp and micro controllers. More like a universal bundle.

I currently am using microcode studio plus but it does not work in windows vista ultimate 64 bit, and it is only good for the 14f, 16f and 24f series. I mostly program the 16f series but i am very interested on learn to program dsp.

Is it possible to get a usb programmer

Thank you

BobK
- 7th January 2009, 02:50
Hi Mitch,

Goto melabs.com and click on the USB programmers. They have a list of compatible pics which does include the dspics. They have great products. I started with their EPIC and moved on to the USB programmer. No troubles!

HTH,

BobK

rmteo
- 7th January 2009, 05:11
At $35, the PicKIT2 is the best value out there. It will program everything from a PIC10 to a PIC32.

BobK
- 7th January 2009, 11:41
Hi again,

Where was my head? I don't know what I was thinking. But this is sort of the melabs forum. I just recently purchased a PICkit 2 along with Chuck Hellebyck's C programming book. I wanted to see for myself what is so difficult about programming in "C". I haven't used the PICKit2 yet which is probably why I failed to mention it!

Gotta go. I think I just found my head!

BobK

mitchf14
- 7th January 2009, 14:22
Thanks guys for they advice.

if i can't fix my old programmer i will have to buy a new one.