PDA

View Full Version : Difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and -E/P

AndrewC
- 18th December 2008, 11:51
This must be so obvious it is impossible to find .... what is the difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and PIC18F4431-E/P ?

Andrew

Edit:
Is it as simple as ?

"I means industrial temperature range, and E means extended temperature range" ?

skimask
- 18th December 2008, 17:01
Edit:
Is it as simple as ?
"I means industrial temperature range, and E means extended temperature range" ?
Yep...that's just about it. According to the datasheet, one is apparently just a bit more 'robust' than the other. Whether there are actually some big engineering changes or not, I don't know. I order whatever is cheaper :D

Check that...
The errata datasheet for that PIC, DS80239A, shows the differences in the range of Vdd between the industrial and the extended versions.
But again...whether there are major engineering changes internally or if the Extended versions just test better, I don't know.

Archangel
- 18th December 2008, 23:50
This must be so obvious it is impossible to find .... what is the difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and PIC18F4431-E/P ?

Andrew

Edit:
Is it as simple as ?

"I means industrial temperature range, and E means extended temperature range" ? Sometimes the packaging material is better, ceramic vs plastic, sometimes they are baked and checked to see if they survived, others irradiated and checked esp mil spec parts. I really think the silicon is the same.