PDA

View Full Version : MCS compiler error

Squibcakes
- 13th November 2008, 00:17
Guys,

Started getting a error message pop up when compiling some code. The warning titled '16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem' says something about RNBOVDD.DLL installable virtual device driver failed Dll initialization. I can close the dialog or ignore.

If I ignore, the warning pops up again but then the code compiles ok.

Anyone seen this? Running XP SP2 and have reinstalled MCS but no luck.

Squib

mackrackit
- 13th November 2008, 00:53
I just searched my XP box for RNBOVDD.DLL

I do not have one, maybe something from your programmer?

Darrel Taylor
- 13th November 2008, 00:59
Do you have any sentinal dongles from Rainbow?
<br>

Archangel
- 13th November 2008, 01:10
Guys,

Started getting a error message pop up when compiling some code. The warning titled '16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem' says something about RNBOVDD.DLL installable virtual device driver failed Dll initialization. I can close the dialog or ignore.

If I ignore, the warning pops up again but then the code compiles ok.

Anyone seen this? Running XP SP2 and have reinstalled MCS but no luck.

Squib
Some program you are running wants that DLL file. Your options include, deleting the call in the registry, replacing the missing Dll, or stop the program calling it from running. Does it only come up when you open MCS ? Or is it there at other times? Search your registry for that file name to find out which program is looking for it. I would not replace the file until I knew what APP was asking for it, maybe some Malware wants it and not knowing what it does, it's better to know.
Edit: Darrel, It does seem to be their dll though it looks like some version of acrobat might call it too.

Squibcakes
- 13th November 2008, 02:35
Thankyou Gents,

It was the sentinal driver. I uninstalled the program that uses this driver and all is sweet again.

Cheers
Squib