PDA

View Full Version : MPLAB 7.00 Language Tools

DelBoy
- 16th December 2004, 16:20
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction? After a huge failure on my PC i have just installed MPLAB v7.0. The problem now is that i cannot get the Language Tool Suite to include MicroEngineering. I have installed PBP in the root of C:\
I also use Mechanique Code Studioas one of my aids. I have tried to change the Path details in the System Enviroment, but nothing seems to work anymore.

Bruce
- 16th December 2004, 18:59
Here's an online tutorial for setting up PBP with MPLAB
http://www.microengineeringlabs.com/support/mplab.htm

DelBoy
- 17th December 2004, 22:49
Many Thanks Bruce, funnily enough after a little searching i managed to find the same info, but your assistance was most appreciated.

The only problem i seem to have now is tying all three programs together, PBP, Mechanique CodeStudio and MPLAB 7.0

I generally use 'CodeStudio' to write my programs, this then uses PBP to compile the basic program, and then I make a project within MPLAB to program the PIC. I still seems to have enormous problems with the builds. I have to swap between the 2 language suites to actually get a successful build. I get there eventually, but it just seems a little long winded.

If there is anyone who can show me the way to make this a little easier then i would be most happy.

Thanks Again....

mister_e
- 18th December 2004, 11:54
Hi, also use the same programs.

What i do in MPLAB... Use the project wizard... simple as this.

Project wizard give you the choice for the PIC, Language,Project name and the files (PBP) to include (.BAS). Once it's done, enable programmer, Press F10 to compile, program you device and that's it!!! you don't need to use the shitty build stuff.

Once it's done you can also edit/modify you code Within MPLAB too. Can also save the "workspace" to keep all the setting for the next time you will use it.

DelBoy
- 21st December 2004, 10:37
Many Thanks Steve, I had the chance to play around again yesterday. I still manage to get some unsuccessful builds. Basically what i do is, create the basic program using Codestudio, i then compile it. Then i switch to MPLAB and create my project using the Project Wizard. I have tried using both, the Microengineering Language Tools and the Microchip tools as the suite to build and program. Whichever i seem to use first, i get a failed build, so i end up having to switch and build again. This is then always successful. There always seems to be a problem with a xx.cod file. Apart from that i have managed to get there in the end.

mister_e
- 21st December 2004, 12:15
can you post any code to test here with PIC you're using...

Some thing need to be done, Be sure your code path is close to the root. not c:\program\files\myproject\picmicro\16f877\today\V 1\....

Did you checkmark the .BAS file in the project wizard?

let me know.

Acetronics2
- 21st December 2004, 12:50
Hi, Everybody

There are little bugs in 7.0 release ...

1) When asking for MPSIM with 16F84 A ( only A ) ...:

ANSWER you do not care ... and it runs well.
another answer is at your own risks !!!

2) When loading MPLAB elsewhere than in default location:

"MPLAB Suite" is still loaded in the default Directory ... do not forget to change to the real PATH in your autoexec.bat ...

Alain

DelBoy
- 21st December 2004, 17:22
Hi Steve,

I've attached the piece of code that seems to be causing me the headache. Well actually that's not totally correct, because once programmed it works fine in the application. It's just the getting there that causes me problems. I am using the P18F242.

I have to admit that I don't recall checking the .BAS option while constructing the project

Acetronics has also asked about the path settings. As far as altering the PATH= values, i have done that via windows enviroment settings

Regards
Derek

mister_e
- 21st December 2004, 18:05
Bad news guy... everything is working good here when compiling under MPLAB. I've use project wizard, check your .BAS file when include it to project and VOILA!!!

Be sure of your path for MPASM, and PBP.

DelBoy
- 21st December 2004, 18:16
Steve,

The solution was simple. As you have said, i should be checking the tick boxes while contructing the project. I have tried this, and 'Hey Presto' all is well.

Extremely Grateful to everyone for thier invaluable assistance. This will now allow a tired old 40+ yr old to move forward.

Best Regards
Derek