PDA

View Full Version : Best way to receive RF bits

ruijc
- 31st October 2008, 16:54
Hi all,

I'm starting to learn how to work with RX and TX modules and pics with pbp.

As my first personal project i decided to try and build a transmitter to open and close my garage door and install it inside the dashboard of my car being a permanent instalation.

As i already have a remote for it, my ideia was to read the data sent from the remote using my RX module and replicate the transmition with my TX module.

Because the remote is using manchester encoding, the total number of bits sent is big.

What is the best way to do this ?
Can it be done with a simple debugin command and a large bit variable?

Thanks

dhouston
- 31st October 2008, 18:41
Nearly all garage door openers use rolling codes with the code changing everytime the remote is activated. If yours uses rolling codes, you cannot do what you want. If it does not, then anybody can do what you want.

ruijc
- 31st October 2008, 19:56
rolling codes...it is most certain that it has that.

I better start with a simpler project.

thanks any way ;)

rhino
- 31st October 2008, 20:29
I did something similar to this at one time. I have a truck. Installed a keyless entry system on it. It was the generic kind made for cars, vans, and trucks. So when it was all installed, I had one function left over.... the trunk popper. What I ended up doing was using the relay contacts for the trunk output to short out the button on the remote garage door opener permenantly mounted in my truck. Now I can start the truck and open the garage door from the same remote. Ofcourse in my case it was kind of a remote controlling a remote control, which is not what your original plan was, but an idea to play around with.

mister_e
- 31st October 2008, 23:55
Still doable... buy yourself a real cheap car alarm system, here we can find some for ~30-40$, and then use the Trunk release output, or the Door-Lock output.