Pic16f886

Closed Thread

Thread: Pic16f886

Default Pic16f886

I've had difficulty using an external osc. with the '886. I could find no PICBasic configuration for it in the on-manual,nor any sample programs, as this chip is fairly new. I finally used: "@ DEVICE HS_OSC" (before defining OSC speed) That works, but is machine language. Anyone using the '886 or 887 who has found a PICBasic line that will tell the PIC to use an external Osc.? I also am having some problems using the analog inputs. They apparently are not used the same way as the old '876. I may find the answer later, as I have not spend much time worrying about the inputs as yet. Anyway, the '886 is not directly replaceable with the '876, and they suggest it is. Any thoughts anyone?

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I've had difficulty using an external osc. with the '886. I could find no PICBasic configuration for it in the on-manual,nor any sample programs, as this chip is fairly new. I finally used: "@ DEVICE HS_OSC" (before defining OSC speed) That works, but is machine language. Anyone using the '886 or 887 who has found a PICBasic line that will tell the PIC to use an external Osc.? I also am having some problems using the analog inputs. They apparently are not used the same way as the old '876. I may find the answer later, as I have not spend much time worrying about the inputs as yet. Anyway, the '886 is not directly replaceable with the '876, and they suggest it is. Any thoughts anyone?
    Who are THEY? Because THEY are only half right. The '886 is relatively PIN COMPATIBLE with the '876(a), and is also almost 100% compatible at the binary level, but it is a bit of a different animal...newer...better...more options...
    http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=543
    Read thru that, those are some of your options for setting the config fuses. There are no 'DIRECT' PicBasicPro statements to set those config fuses. You can only get to that sort of thing indirectly.