PIC assembler forum?

Closed Thread

Default PIC assembler forum?

Since you can do assembler with Pic Basic Pro, why no forum do discuss assembler code?
    I'm switching a project from SX-28 to PIC because I need true interrupt driven serial (midi) input (a hardware uart is so much better that trying to do async. serial input in software in the SX-28 chip). I do assembler and basic (and Delphi for Windows work) and think it would be nice to have an assembler specific forum for those of us that like to get down to the really low level programming when we need to optimize some areas pin PBP.

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Assembly is discussed all over the place here, more often when it's used in conjunction with PBP. DT's Instant Interrupts is a prime example.
    For the most part though, straight assembly is better discussed over at Microchip's forums.
    But in the end, I think you'll find that, if done right, PBP is just as effective as assembly when doing almost anything...if it's done right that is. Some say that PBP is pretty wasteful in certain situations. It is...in certain situations (On Interrupt being a good example), multiple If/Then's, Select Case, those types of things. But it sure is a lot easier to do those types of things in PBP than assembly.