Help finding Alarm System Example

Closed Thread
    bbawkon Guest

Default Help finding Alarm System Example

Good day everyone,

Long long ago in a land far away (actually, about 2 years when I lived in a different city), I came accross a very nicely done PIC Based Alarm System Panel. It was a free example with code and schematic, and included an LCD and Keypad(s). If memory serves, it was 4 or 5 zones.. maybe more.

I bookmarked it. I recently switched upgraded my computer, and in the process, re-installed windows. The only thing I forgot to copy over was my bookmarks. They're gone.

Has anyone seen this example I'm talking about? I'm about to do an alarm system, and I just hate to re-create the wheel when someone has already posted such a great example with code and everything. It was really nicely done, and allowed you to change the passcodes and everything right from the keypad.

I've searched google until I can't stand to press "Next" any more, but no luck finding it. Of course, the one thing I also dont' remember for SURE is weather it was PIC based or AVR based... Just don't recall, as it's been a long time since I looked at it.

Any help in finding this would be hugely appreciated!

Ben

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Try the NX range of panels. They are PIC based with all the bits you mention. They are made by GEC-INTERLOGIX. You could have a look at www.gesecurity.com which will, I think, take you to the GEC site. They are a very good and popular panel.
    The range of PARADOX panels are also based on PIC MCUs but I haven't had much to do with them.
    Last edited by muddy0409; - 20th September 2008 at 10:52. Reason: correction
    Peter Moritz.
    Up the bush, Western Plains,
    New South Wales,
    Australia.