existing code for a data loggger

Closed Thread

Default existing code for a data loggger

hi this is my first post and i wasnt to sure where to put it....I am an installation electrician so my electronics knowledge isnt that great so be gentle

I want to build a data logger to store the transactions between my mobile phone and sim card and then store these to a removable device(sd possibly) to be analysed later on my pc.

I was just wondering if there was an already written code or several that could be sampled to save time. i want to receive a binary code through a connection to the pic and then store it onto the sd card??? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyadam View Post
    hi this is my first post and i wasnt to sure where to put it....I am an installation electrician so my electronics knowledge isnt that great so be gentle

I want to build a data logger to store the transactions between my mobile phone and sim card and then store these to a removable device(sd possibly) to be analysed later on my pc.

I was just wondering if there was an already written code or several that could be sampled to save time. i want to receive a binary code through a connection to the pic and then store it onto the sd card??? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    http://www.electro-tech-online.com/e...ge-device.html

Not a lot of information here, just like the other thread says.
    Are you looking to intercept the data between the actual phone and the sim card? (Good luck...)
    Sounds to me like you're trying to hack a phone into a freebie...

yes i am trying to intercept that data but it is not for any fraudulent purposes im sure i could quite easily buy a sim card copier and editing suite if that where the case...not to mention the fact that all the important information is stored by the network and not the sim

skimask Guest

yes i am trying to intercept that data but it is not for any fraudulent purposes im sure i could quite easily buy a sim card copier and editing suite if that where the case...not to mention the fact that all the important information is stored by the network and not the sim
    And how will you physically plug in to that pins that connect the SIM card to the phone to intercept said data?

Quote Originally Posted by skimask View Post
    And how will you physically plug in to that pins that connect the SIM card to the phone to intercept said data?
    your making this out to sound like some underhanded fraudulent exercise when its blatently not...anyhow it will be soldered to the phones sim card socket

skimask Guest

your making this out to sound like some underhanded fraudulent exercise when its blatently not...
    Well, it blatently could be, or it blatently might not be. Still sounds a bit fishy to me.

As far as I know, you don't have to tap into the sim socket to pull SMS data or anything else stored on the card (except the actual identification information, PINS, etc).
    Hook up to the phone thru the appropriate connector and pull the data with a PC.

anyhow it will be soldered to the phones sim card socket
    Doesn't sound like a good idea either. At the speeds these cards run at these days, they're made to go on a socket for a reason. Go adding in extra wiring, solder, and so on, and you might ruin the electrical characteristics of the connection itself, thereby rendering the whole thing useless because of those disturbances. Probably didn't matter much 'back in the day' when things didn't run so fast...matters a lot more nowadays.

ok thanks for your input, but this is to capture data whilst roaming but i will try a different less hostile site or just continue with the endless reading of texts

skimask Guest

ok thanks for your input, but this is to capture data whilst roaming but i will try a different less hostile site or just continue with the endless reading of texts
    Jeeze...go that way then...
    Jist of the story, I wouldn't doubt if you'll get the same answers on those other sites.

(must not have liked the statement about getting the PINS and other encrypted info from the card...)

Quacks like a duck and flies off like a duck.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

lol i understand what your saying but if that where the case i could just use my laptop with already designed hardware and software. it is the fact im trying to do it using a pic and an sd card from what i understand it is not very hard at all to capture an async data transmission the problem would be storing it on a card using a fat file format so what i am actually after is a suitable pic and code to receive the data stream and then transfer it to the card then i will transfer it to my pc using a async where the binary could be converted to txt

Here is what the forum has to offer about SD cards.
    http://www.google.com/custom?q=sd+ca...picbasic.co.uk

That is as far as I go with this.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.