Upgraded to MPLAB IDE 8.14 and now I'm stuck

Closed Thread

Default Upgraded to MPLAB IDE 8.14 and now I'm stuck

I am using Microcode Studio. I had MPLAB IDE 5.70 installed (for reasons that the programmer I was using was old and emulated a PicSTart+ with old firmware). Everything was fine. I could edit the code, click the compile and program button, MPLAB would pop up, I click Program, and everything is happy.

I wanted to update my PicStart+ to a current version of the firmware and start using it so I installed MPLAB 8.14. MPLAB seems to work OK and sees my programmer, but...

Now when I click Compile and Program in Microcode Studio, the assembler runs then the MPLAB IDE pops up - but there seems to be is no code sent to the IDE. It appears to have no hex file to work from. Also, the PicStart+ is not selected as the programmer and it is not enabled automatically.

Any ideas? I have not configured MPLAB for PicBasic Pro integration because I am using Microcode Studio for the IDE. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Does MPLAB see the programmer? And if it does can it be enabled?

If the above is true, try creating a project in MPLAB using the assembly code generated by MCS as the source. Then try to program from there.

If all the above works, MPLAB should pop up a notification each time the code has been changed asking if you want to accept the changes, YES. Then click the program button.

When you get tired of all that, set up MPLAB to use PBP as the language and save yourself a few steps.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hi Dave,

Yes, MPLAB does see the programmer. If I create a project in MPLAB, it does compile and program successfully. The only thing that does not work is when trying to invoke MPLAB as the programmer from Microcode Studio.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.