adverts post

Closed Thread

Thread: adverts post

Default adverts post

I would like to post an advert but my zip file is 375K. Is there an acceptable way to attach this large a file ?
    thanking in advance,
    don
    amgen

No. You must reduce the size of your attachment to below the maximum allowed.

If it's serious info I can split the file.
    PM me your email address.

Norm
    Last edited by Normnet; - 25th June 2008 at 08:03.

T.Jackson Guest

Send me the file and I'll place it on my server and supply you with a link for people to click on so that they can download it. I have some unused, prepaid bandwidth at idle at the moment, can guarantee your file will be there for at least 1 month, perhaps much longer, basically until I require the bandwidth for my next website.

email the file to: [email protected]

Regards,

Trent Jackson

Default Advert Post Help

Thankyou for offers of help which I humbly accept and appreciate.
    I am offering for free my PC-PIC interface (not hyperterm) which can be used to continuously display program data and text from micro ckt in an acceptable fashion plus easily facilitate serial communication. Could even be provided with PIC project as part of package. I will offer inexpensive customization such as Company Name on main page, specific window or text box layout etc up to my capabilities. I am open to all comments (good and bad) and suggestions.

don
    amgen
    [email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amgen View Post
    I am offering for free my PC-PIC interface (not hyperterm) which can be used to continuously display program data and text from micro ckt in an acceptable fashion plus easily facilitate serial communication. Could even be provided with PIC project as part of package. I will offer inexpensive customization such as Company Name on main page, specific window or text box layout etc up to my capabilities. I am open to all comments (good and bad) and suggestions.
    I would think that just maybe this software can communicate with some of these machines..
    http://www.futurebots.com/cpu.htm
    http://oldcomputers.net/

T.Jackson Guest

Done.

www.trentjackson.bigpondhosting.com/deploy.zip

All the best with it (I'll try and keep it there for you as long as I can)

Trent Jackson

Default old machines

well, things change fast these days.
    how does /do most people interface Pics to pc these days?

don

T.Jackson Guest

Hard game now trying to make money from generic software (the internet is flooded with it), better to either go with "custom" jobs or aim for a "killer app"

Trent Jackson

Trent,
    I understand what you mean, there are smart people out there (like yourself) . I am just fishing a little. I have made some small control ckts for boats and generators and needed a interface to avoid needing many buttons and displays etc, thats why I worked up the interface.
    thanks,
    don

T.Jackson Guest

Just a thought Don ...

Since you're actually allowing people to demo the source code and not an executable -- www.planetsourcecode.com would be ideal for you. They will allow you to upload your files (anything except executables and dlls) up to a whopping 50MB worth!, then you can link the page to this forum. PSC (Planet Source Code) usually receive an incredible amount of traffic each day, for new submissions, during the first few days -- 1,000 unique page hits is not uncommon. They cater for all .net and .com languages.

Regards,

Trent Jackson
    Last edited by T.Jackson; - 26th June 2008 at 04:36.

Default advert

Thanks for the link Trent. It will take me a little time to learn the file stuff for Planetsource. For now could I use the link you set up for me? Should these thread discussions be moved to say 'off topic' and just keep adverts here?
    don

T.Jackson Guest

The link is yours for as long as you need it, or until I require the bandwidth (not likely for a while)

T.Jackson Guest

FYI: Your file has had 133 hits in just over a week. This equates to about 50MB of bandwidth. I can allow for up to a maximum of 100MB of bandwidth p/month for your file, if it exceeds this, I will have to suspend the link until the start of the next month. I don't recommend that you go posting the link around on too many forums.

Regards,

Trent Jackson

Default Hits

Thanks Trent,
    I will figure out where to shove my file when your bandwidth runs out of gas.
    don

T.Jackson Guest

You should be fine as long as you only have the link on this forum. Bigpond is the Rolls Royce ISP in Australia (personal opinion), but at 13 cents p/mb after you exceed your monthly limit, this also makes them the most expensive!

Trent Jackson
    Last edited by T.Jackson; - 2nd July 2008 at 17:25.