Keylogger software

Closed Thread

Default Keylogger software

Does anyone know much about some of the keylogger software products out there? I remember seeing one that is a hardware device and attaches right to your keyboard, others are installed to your PC and log keystrokes through the software. I'd also like to know if someone can view my keystrokes from a remote location? Finally, is there any free software to detect these software programs?

Thanks,

Chris

manfred1963 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Keylogger Software

I have never tried one of the hardware keyloggers so I can't say much about them other than I know that they are out there. I would think one would be pretty obvious, the ones I have seen on the web plug inline with the keyboard cable so simply looking at the back of the computer would give it away.

I have used a software product on my child's computer. The program is made by SpectorSoft and is known as eBlaster. It is hidden software that sends recordings to you remotely by email. This is really handy for me because when I am on the road I can use my Blackberry to check on what my child is doing on the Internet.

If you need it I believe they also offer a remote installation feature as well. They have some other products as well, network monitors, Mac software etc.

AFAIK there is nothing that can detect their software, again I can't speak for any other brands. They have a description of their products at: www.spectorsoft.com

T.Jackson Guest

Pretty easy to do with JavaScript and server side software such as ASP. Even easier to implement something on the client side with common garden variety languages such as; VB, C, C++. Do a search on planet source code -- bet you'll find millions of open source projects for the taking.

Trent Jackson

T.Jackson Guest

You'll probably find that Darrel can knock something like this up in his sleep, I've personally never done one, but I am educated enough in IT to know how it might be conceived.