Large LCD ID and datasheet

Closed Thread
    skimask Guest

Default Large LCD ID and datasheet

I picked up a dozen of these rather large LCDs from a friend for nothing. A good deal for sure, if I could find some datasheets for them. He got them from BGMicro or something like that. Here's a picture of the LCD module itself:
    http://www.electronicsurplus.com/com...oduct_id=71171

4x "NEC D7227G" chips on the back with an 8834 data code...
    A 16 pin (2x8) connector on one end, appears to have a backlight to it judging from the thickness of the case and the 'bracket' over the face.
    Only one set of numbers on the back:
    M3214/F1632

The 16 pin connector almost makes me think this is a regular Hitachi44780 style hookup with LED+/LED- on pins 15 and 16...and I'm half tempted to hook it up that way and give it a shot.

Anywhos...searched Google, AltaVista, datasheets.com, and so on and so on... A lot of questions about the same chips in relatively obscure places asking for info, no answers around.

Anybody else got any data for them?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wink

Hi, Ski

You might try your chance here ...

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/1932402.pdf

Alain
    Why insist on using 32 Bits when you're not even able to deal with the first 8 ones ??? ehhhhhh ...
    IF there is the word "Problem" in your question ...
    certainly the answer is " RTFM " or " RTFDataSheet " !!!

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Acetronics View Post
    Yep, saw that one. The measurements on the L1681 almost match up, but I've got an F1632. I traced a bunch of the lines coming off the connector. The 'normal' 8 data lines seems to run together thru the PCB, the ground looks like the right ground pin, power looks like the right power pin going to the various chips, and so on.
    I guess I'll just assume that it's a 'normal' Hitachi 44780 type LCD and see what happens.
    If I let the smoke out of the LCDs, no money lost, just a little bit of time...

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.