EDTP Ethernet MINI PICBASIC PRO DRIVER

Closed Thread

Cool EDTP Ethernet MINI PICBASIC PRO DRIVER

HI, All
    To anyone that is interested in the PBP Ethernet Driver for the PIC18F67J60, the code is now posted in the Download Area of www.edtp.com.

If there's enough interest, I will do an HTTP/TCP port for PBP as well..

Have fun,
    Fred

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Nice work Fred.

Pheew! I had a look at your C firmware first. That was one heck of a LOT of work on
    the port to PBP.

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to reading your article. Probably have to get one
    of your boards to tinker with here shortly.
    Regards,

-Bruce
    tech at rentron.com
    http://www.rentron.com

I'd like to echo Bruce's comments. There is certainly interest from me on the HTTP/TCP port. I get the electronic version of Nuts and Volts, so I've already read the Sept. issue. Darrel will have to get a copy to frame now that he is forever immortalized in print. Nice work!
    Wisdom is knowing what path to take next... Integrity is taking it.
    Ryan Miller

Darrel should consider writing articles for Nuts & Volts, or Circuit Cellar (preferable). Maybe a series titled Power PBP....;o}
    Regards,

-Bruce
    tech at rentron.com
    http://www.rentron.com

Well, since I'm "immortalized" for "tricky" DIV32 routines that he couldn't figure out how to make work.

I think I better skip the writing for magzines stuff.
    <br>
    DT

I would be interested in an HTTP/TCP port for PBP!

Norm

Thumbs up That sounded BADDDDD...

HI, Everyone
    Thanks for the input. I'll continue to port the MINI stuff and include TCP and some HTTP.

Darrel.. I read your post and what the article text stated sounded really BAD to me.. I have a very great respect for you personally and for your talents. No way would I disparage your work. What I should have said (and what I really meant) was that I could not successfully "apply" your 32-bit routines. We all know that they work as designed. The problem was (and is) me, not your nifty code. I resorted to "caveman BASIC" for my 32-bit math because I wasn't savvy enough to use and apply what you have given freely to us all. So, with that, you would most definitely make a good magazine article writer in my view..

Have fun,
    Fred

Talking

Ha Ha, no worries Fred.

I knew that's what you meant.
    But since it came out funny, I thought I'd use the Humor a little.

Thanks for the thought and the mention in your article.

But next time, ask for help.
    <br>
    DT

Fred & All

I have been reading every article I can find on PIC18F67J60 and competing parts. The vocabulary is just above my head. Is there a place where I can learn more starting at a lower level?
    My C is very rusty so I was excited to see the PBP code.
    I have serial to Ethernet converts that allow me to connect two micros.
    I also have a SitePlayer module that allows for micro to PC communications via a web page in the SitePlayer module. That works well but I am limited.
    I want to get a PIC18F67J60 to hold a simple web page and allow communication through buttons and text windows. (using PBP) I do not know enough to say I am going down the right road. Maybe I should stay with what I have working.

Thanks…

Wink The Animals...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Taylor View Post
    Ha Ha, no worries Fred.

I knew that's what you meant.
    But since it came out funny, I thought I'd use the Humor a little.

Thanks for the thought and the mention in your article.

But next time, ask for help.
    <br>
    Whew! Thanks, Darrel.. I was singing that old Animals song all night after reading your post.. "Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood.." :-)

Cool No Worries...

Quote Originally Posted by ronsimpson View Post
    Fred & All

I have been reading every article I can find on PIC18F67J60 and competing parts. The vocabulary is just above my head. Is there a place where I can learn more starting at a lower level?
    My C is very rusty so I was excited to see the PBP code.
    I have serial to Ethernet converts that allow me to connect two micros.
    I also have a SitePlayer module that allows for micro to PC communications via a web page in the SitePlayer module. That works well but I am limited.
    I want to get a PIC18F67J60 to hold a simple web page and allow communication through buttons and text windows. (using PBP) I do not know enough to say I am going down the right road. Maybe I should stay with what I have working.

Thanks…
    Hi, Ron
    I wrote a book you might want to browse.. It's called Networking and Internetworing with Microcontrollers.. What you will find is that the way we handle the protocols with microcontrollers is always the same as the protocols are standardized. Thus, I simply expouned on the Networking book and applied the same protocols and protocol lingo to the new Microchip Ethernet IC. I go into great detail in the book about what networking "things" are. The book was designed for folks just like you that want to get the basics before going on with a project. The book may get you over the hump :-) You can get my Networking book via Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, etc..

Have fun,
    Fred

Am also very interested in a HTTP/TCP port for PBP.

Nice work edtp.

Me too!

Ioannis

Is anyone also working with ENC28J60's? has there been a migration alltogether to work with the "All in one" version of the Ethernet enabled PIC?

I just got some magjacks and am getting ready to jump in.

Hi Ryan,

Just making sure you've seen ...

PBPL and TCP/IP
    http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7321
    <br>
    DT

Default http_server makro

question 1
    is it posible to move all that code to background, in some inc,bas, or whatewer file(s), so we half-begginers can do clean portion of user.pbp using some http site for management... ...That "main"(user) file don't have to be in master focus, it is more then well have 10 pass per seccond,(more is beter..)(other uProc strnght can bee lost in included files loops) and maybe some interupt driven uart buffer needed...
    you know what I mean.... i know, for you freaks this is piece of cake, for me SF.

question 2
    how could we put web_stuf in sd/mmc? this shudn't bee in fat mode, can be raw or anything... maybe using file2bin from tcp/ip stack utilitty... I have @home at leest 12 sd cards, and whan i saw cheap trick with 1 or 2 x 8 pin ribbon connector sticked with more cheap sd-card iex.16Meg...blahblah
    can u provide some sample/demo code how to implement this in PBPL and TCP/IP demo... ?

question 3
    is it too complicate, or processor_owerkilling (or mision impossible) to put rtl8019 with 18f452 (or 3com509+18f452) in pbp http storry... that crap of chip's i have a lot...
    so for us with good nervs and low programming knowledge, could be very inexpensive solution....

Cool First Pass Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShoKre View Post
    question 1
    is it posible to move all that code to background, in some inc,bas, or whatewer file(s), so we half-begginers can do clean portion of user.pbp using some http site for management... ...That "main"(user) file don't have to be in master focus, it is more then well have 10 pass per seccond,(more is beter..)(other uProc strnght can bee lost in included files loops) and maybe some interupt driven uart buffer needed...
    you know what I mean.... i know, for you freaks this is piece of cake, for me SF.

question 2
    how could we put web_stuf in sd/mmc? this shudn't bee in fat mode, can be raw or anything... maybe using file2bin from tcp/ip stack utilitty... I have @home at leest 12 sd cards, and whan i saw cheap trick with 1 or 2 x 8 pin ribbon connector sticked with more cheap sd-card iex.16Meg...blahblah
    can u provide some sample/demo code how to implement this in PBPL and TCP/IP demo... ?

question 3
    is it too complicate, or processor_owerkilling (or mision impossible) to put rtl8019 with 18f452 (or 3com509+18f452) in pbp http storry... that crap of chip's i have a lot...
    so for us with good nervs and low programming knowledge, could be very inexpensive solution....
    Question 1
    You can access the Ethernet routines at any pace if you choose to. However, the caveat with that is that you will miss incoming packets if you don't check up on the incoming traffic fast enough. The PIC only buffers a bit less than 8K of incoming packet data. The size of your receive buffer determines how much data you can store and thus, how much time you can spend on the beach instead of at work.. As for interrupt driven UART traffic, a PBPL buffered UART interrupt module is included within the PBPL Ethernet code and again you can poll the UART instead and, you may lose some characters if you aren't quick enough.

Question 2
    I have not personally done any sd/mmc work with PBP. I'll bet if you search this forum you'll find someone that has..

Question 3
    Take a look at the EDTP Easy Ethernet code, which you can download from the EDTP site. That will give you an idea of how the RTL8019 code looks. If you think the 67J60 code is sticky, you won't like what you see in the RTL source.. Again, I'm sure someone has ported the RTL code I produced to PBP..

Hope that helps.

Have fun,
    Fred

Default SD cards

as far as I can tell the sd cards are pretty straight forward the tough part is writing and reading a fat filesystem...

Cool Nuts and Volts

Quote Originally Posted by edtp View Post
    HI, All
    To anyone that is interested in the PBP Ethernet Driver for the PIC18F67J60, the code is now posted in the Download Area of www.edtp.com.

If there's enough interest, I will do an HTTP/TCP port for PBP as well..

Have fun,
    Fred
    As promised, TCP with PBPL is demystified in the December 2007 issue of Nuts and Volts!

Have fun,
    Fred

what means this warning messages and why ?
    my target will be 66j65...
    after compiling and flashing pic replay to ping but http don't work , why ?

Executing: "C:\PBP\PBPW.EXE" -ampasmwin -oq -z -v -p18F67J60 "tcptester.bas"
    PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.47, (c) 1998, 2006 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.
    Pass 1:
    Pass 2:
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1316: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1317: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1374: $FFFF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1539: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1540: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1597: $FFFF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1658: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1659: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1686: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1687: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1745: $FFFF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    Code Gen:
    Macro Pass:

mpasmwin /q "C:\Documents and Settings\kreso\Desktop\mini\tcptester.ASM"
    COD Pass:
    Loaded C:\Documents and Settings\kreso\Desktop\mini\tcptester.COD.
    BUILD SUCCEEDED: Thu Jan 10 18:36:59 2008

skimask Guest

Something fishy there...can't quite...put my finger...on it...

should this be because it must use PBP 2.50 with Longs var?
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    should this be because it must use PBP 2.50 with Longs var?
    I meant he says target is 66J65, yet compiler shows 67J60...

Default HTTP/TCP port for PBP

I Am very very interested in a HTTP/TCP port for PBP

Thanks edtp.

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lil_mark View Post
    I Am very very interested in a HTTP/TCP port for PBP

Thanks edtp.
    Did you read the thread, the whole thread and nothing but the thread?
    I'll bet you'll find an answer somewhere up there...

Cool No sweat..

what means this warning messages and why ?
    after compiling and flashing pic replay to ping but http don't work , why ?

PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.47, (c) 1998, 2006 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.
    Pass 1:
    Pass 2:
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1316: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1317: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1374: $FFFF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1539: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1540: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1597: $FFFF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1658: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1659: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1686: $FF000000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1687: $00FF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\KRESO\DESKTOP\MINI\TCPTESTER.BAS WARNING Line 1745: $FFFF0000 Numeric overflow, value truncated.
    Code Gen:
    Macro Pass:

mpasmwin /q "C:\Documents and Settings\kreso\Desktop\mini\tcptester.ASM"
    COD Pass:
    Loaded C:\Documents and Settings\kreso\Desktop\mini\tcptester.COD.
    BUILD SUCCEEDED: Thu Jan 10 18:36:59 2008
    You must compile the code using PBPL..

Have fun,
    Fred

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by edtp View Post
    You must compile the code using PBPL..
    Have fun,
    Fred
    Awwwwww......

Talking

huh i understean... I was missing what mins "L" after pbp....
    another thing to buy...
    can i buy only "L"

can i buy only "L"
    Yes you can.
    But it's the same price, so you might as well get PBPW 2.50 with it.

$25, for legal owners. (with printed manual)
    Not too much to ask.
    <br>
    DT

Executing: "C:\PBP\PBPL.EXE" -ampasmwin -oq -z -v -p18F66J65 "tcptester.bas"
    PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.50La, (c) 1998, 2007 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.
    Pass 1:
    Pass 2:
    Code Gen:
    Macro Pass:
    mpasmwin /q "C:\Documents and Settings\kreso\Desktop\mini1\tcptester.ASM"
    COD Pass:
    Loaded C:\Documents and Settings\kreso\Desktop\mini1\tcptester.COD.
    BUILD SUCCEEDED: Sun Jan 13 01:58:03 2008

yup...

FYI Sparkfun has some SD card controller chips on breakout boards that you could use.

This is a Fat16/32 SD card interface that uses a serial UART or SPI interface:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=7955

This one is for Micro-SD cards but is not yet FAT functional, serial interface only:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8567

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by falingtrea View Post
    FYI Sparkfun has some SD card controller chips on breakout boards that you could use.
    This is a Fat16/32 SD card interface that uses a serial UART or SPI interface:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=7955
    This one is for Micro-SD cards but is not yet FAT functional, serial interface only:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8567
    They've both been on the market since late '06...and they're both great products...if they would ever be in STOCK!

Well, here is the distributor list for the 4dsystems Micro-SD board.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/distributors.php

Looks like Parallax, Saelig, and Little PCB solutions also carry it in the US. Maybe you can find it in stock at one of those places.

I ordered the kit, read the October and December articles, and downloaded the zip files. While I'm waiting on the postman I was wondering if anyone knows how to place a variable in the TCP code. I would like to read an 18S20 or two, and display the results after the firmware sees the GET\ from the web browser.

Thanks,

Jerry.
    If your oscilloscope costs more than your car...

Question Which program for Ethernet Mini

I am very new on this. I bought Ethernet Mini kit and just finish it. Now I am working on 3.3 volts power supply with it. I am not sure how to run it. I understand we can connect it to the rounter. I have the dongle for it. But how do we use it? Do we connect it to person computer on telnet. Do we need some what kind of software or program that we can write small program on it. How? I am very new on this. There is free software that I can use it with it. Is there a tutorial for it? The last time I use 8085 with eprom on assembly language when I was in commuit college. Is there web page or free software that I can download and use it with Ethernet Mimi. Please contact me in person if you would like to help me with it. reidsim at gmail dot com

Thank you,
    Reid