Nokia COLOR LCD PicBasicPro 2.50a example code - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

mister-e

The converter I am using is NOKIA 6100 BMP Converter v1 I found it at http://www.picbasic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8649

Also, as far as speed is concerned, a full picture rendering via USB using eight byte buffers was very slow. I increased the buffer size to 64 bytes and it now loads a picture fairly fast.

Dave

skimask Guest

I never did get that BMP converter to work right...but I didn't try very hard...

USB buffer - oh yeah...way less overhead with 64 bytes. I suppose once you get a buffer size much bigger, the speed doesn't increase so much......that whole 'law of diminishing returns' thing.

Is your code based on the 8 bit color coding?

I'm in the process of rewriting some code to incorporate the full 262K color mode (18 bit). It'll kill performance by a factor of at least 3, but it'll be cool....right?

Skimask

The splash screen is 8bit but the picture is 12bitB. When I played with it I tried all three possibilities. All worked you just need to change the configuration command on the display.

It took me a while to get the VB6 program to read the file from the converter. The problem was at the end of each line of data VB6 tried to send a "0" which caused the display to be skewed. I finally sorted it out and all was well.

I did not try an external eeprom yet. The color picture was to big to fit into the PBP code. Or at least I could not figure out how to get it in without exceeding the size limit.

It would be easy enough to make a photo album that changes the image every so many seconds/minutes. Maybe someone will put a compact flash or SD ram with this display. I do not think it would be that hard.

I have no real practical application for this screen, I just wanted to see if I could get it to work.

Dave

By the way, I used your text macro. Thanks it worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC3 View Post
    mister-e
    The converter I am using is NOKIA 6100 BMP Converter v1 I found it at http://www.picbasic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8649
    Thanks Dave
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC3 View Post
    By the way, I used your text macro. Thanks it worked great!
    Don't blame me for that one!
    That's mostly DT's work (or was it Mr_E?, I forget).
    I only modified it a bit to work with my application.

skimask Guest

Default Using Nokia code above 64K

I found this little bug today while working with my 18F4685, trying to use the functions in code space above 64K...and it ONLY applies to PBP 2.50A (and above I'm sure whenever it comes out) and will most likely apply to most other little routines like this running on PICs with more than 64K (i.e. 18F4685, 18F8722, and so on), like the @printstr, @copystr, whatever, whether sending to a graphic LCD, serial port, whatever.

Code:
    ASM	;printstr to color LCD macro,	'@ printstr x,y, "string to lcd at x,y"
    printstr	macro clcdx, clcdy, clcdstr
    		local clcdthestring, clcdoverstr
    		bra clcdoverstr
    clcdthestring
    		data clcdstr,0
    clcdoverstr
    		MOVE?CB clcdx, _clcdpx
    		MOVE?CB clcdy, _clcdpy
    		MOVE?CW clcdthestring, _clcdaddr
    		L?CALL _clcdstringout
    		endm
    ENDASM
    The 3rd line from the end: MOVE?CW clcdthestring, _clcdaddr won't grab the upper bit of the PC and ends up reading the codespace at the lower 64K block instead of the upper 64K block.
    The fix is simple enough.
    Declare clcdaddr as LONG rather than WORD, and change MOVE?CW to MOVE?CN. All it does it changes moving a WORD to moving a LONG.
    All better...

I just bought a Nokia Color knock-off lcd from sparkfun. I am using a pic 18f452 at 4Mhz and pic basic pro compiler and the LCD has a green board (Epson). So far I got it to initialize and all I am trying to do is clear the LCD since its all random pixels when the screen turns on. I have it running in 12bit mode, and I can select every pixel and make them white.

The problem is when I choose any other color like green or red or
    anything other then $FFF. The screen begins the clearing process but it
    gets stuck mid way threw at different locations every time.. Its like the LCD freezes. I have read the forums and did lots of searching and heard of someone else with the same problem but no one knew how to fix it. Also, when i change the OSC to 20 or 40 Mhz, the lcd never works. I hook up everything to an oscilloscope and I can see the data, but the LCD dosn't even blink.. Could there be something wrong with the controller? Or am I missing something. I was wondering if someone could shine some light on this problem. Thank you.

Try feeding data to it a little slower, maybe you are overrunning it's input buffer.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

I am using a 4 mhz xtal, its painfully slow already.. I don't think speed is the problem. I am using shiftout command and sending a C/D bit and then the data. Any other suggestions? I have even tried Daves color lcd program, compiled it, and it works really weird. The colors are not right in 8 bit mode, and the text comes up as just small little lines where the letters should be. I just bough two of these lcds and both do the same thing. Is it possible that epson came out with a new controller. I am using the data sheet that sparkfun supplys and it works in 12 bit mode, besides the freezing but 8 bit sucks. I am also using a resistor divider circuit to step it down from 5v to 3.3.
    http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/L..._MF1493_03.pdf (datasheet)

diegoulman Guest

Default Re: Nokia COLOR LCD PicBasicPro 2.50a example code

HELLO, anyone is aware that nokia6101 lcd controller has it, 5200, this file is used for this lcd? I think it is compatible with the 6100, Best regards diego
    Last edited by diegoulman; - 28th September 2011 at 01:47. Reason: aviso de correo