I'm looking for some advice here because I had the strangest conversation with a woman this weekend and I'm not sure what to do. Who would have thought the Pic basic forum is a place to go for dating advice!

So, I'm 30 and I was taking a 25 year old out to dinner. We drive to the resturant together and like always on a Friday night, we had to wait to get a table. We talk for a little bit and she asks me what time we got there. I said, "quarter after 6" and it was currently 6:45pm. She goes, "wow, we've only been here for 20 minutes. It feels longer then that." So, I think to myself, "what the hell is she talking about, it is!" So I reply, "Yeah, it's been 30 minutes." She goes, if we got here at a quarter after 6 and it's 6:45 that's only 20 minutes.

Now, she has a masters degree in education so she's not stupid. She tells me that a quarter after 6 is 6:25 not 6:15. Then I ask her what time is a quarter till 7 and she tells me 6:45. This chick is obviously confused. So I say, "do you know why it's called a quarter after 6?" She seems confused. I ask her what's 60/4 and now she starts getting nervous but can't come up with the answer. I explained that it's not a quarter (25 cents) but you divide the number by 4. I told her if there were 80 minutes in an hour that a quarter would be 20, not 15.

Now, she keeps telling me I'm wrong and proceeds to call her mom to verify that I'm correct. At this point, I'm a little embarrased because wouldn't you think a 25 year old can tell time? So, he mom verifies that I'm right and she says quietly, "You're right." I'm like, I know I am!!!

I asked her if her sister (she's 24) know's what time a quarter after is and she tells me that she doesn't think she would know. I'm dumbfounded at this point but when we get back to her place I ask her sister. Sure enough, she's just as confused.

Now, here is the point of the story. Should I just blame the parents and overlook this? Should I see her again?

Maybe this story will give you a laugh or two for a Monday morning.
Chris