Hello Everyone,

I have a small informative request. I am trying to get this one task to work but just can seem to figure out the Optimal way to approach this problem. Here is the scope of the task that I am trying to do. I want to send out random characters (e.g. ABCDEFG 1 2 3 4 5 ...) basically all the ASCII characters, onto a 4X10 display and then shifting them out of the display. I can do this very easily by performing a shiftout command in PBP and shifting each bits by freshing the screen every specified time interval, but that would quickly fill up the allotted memory space of the PIC.

My second approach is to generate a separate file with a look-up table where I would have separate subroutines for each ASCII characters. And then simply calling the desired subroutines with the ASCII character that I want to display, into the main program, and have the characters shift out in real time. But I'm not sure if calling a separate file from the pbp folder to the main program and having the characters shift out in real time is possible in PBP. I am open to any ideas, suggestions and code examples that you may want to share . Thanks in advance for your time .

srigopal