Problem using Microloader and Uart Comm at the same time

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS is an organization of interrupt service routines and other works written by Darrel Taylor, RIP.

Interrupt routines are arranged per Darrel's original list. Darrel Taylor's Instant Interrupts are an extension of the work of Tim Box whom in October of 2002 wrote INT_CTRL.pbp

Many of the forum members felt this is a long overdue project.

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS
will be a valuable resource and a tribute to Darrel Taylor the "Fanatical Contributor".

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS is located at http://dt.picbasic.co.uk/

+ Reply to Thread

Default Problem using Microloader and Uart Comm at the same time

I have problem using hserout using portc.6 and portc.7 (PIC16F877A) and at the same time I load my program using microcode loader. Can I use the same circuit for microcode loader and at the same time I use the circuit for serial communication to PC using hyperterminal. So far I don't receive any output at the hyperterminal screen or my code is wrong. For your infos, below is my serial communication source code using uart communication

DEFINE LOADER_USED 1
    DEFINE HSER_BAUD 2400
    DEFINE HSER_RCSTA 90h
    DEFINE HSER_TXSTA 20h
    DEFINE HSER_SPBRG 25
    DEFINE OSC 4 ' 4MHZ

MAIN:
    HSEROUT [DEC 120, 13, 10]

LOOP:
    GOTO LOOP
    END

This program should display character "X" at the hyperterminal. Is there any problem with the source code or I cannot use the same circuit for serial comm using microcode loader circuit. For your info, my setting is 2400,8,N,1. TQ
    Last edited by guanerrr; - 3rd August 2007 at 09:39.