PIC Basic Tutor Needed....

Closed Thread
    postmortem Guest

Default PIC Basic Tutor Needed....

I work for a company in the Los Angeles area. We are looking for an individual to come tutor a few of us on the usage and functions of PIC Modules. We are looking for a 2-3 day visit. Our uses for the PIC are very small....

1. Latching circuit with output to light a LED or turn off
    2. LED chase circuit
    3. Count down LED display timer

If you or someone you know is interested please let me know.

If you know of a school or classes that we may take to learn from the ground up, please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Smile

Hello Postmortem,

I think if you read through the forums here you should find everything you are looking for except someone to come to you. There are two books entitled "Programming PIC Microcontrollers with PIC Basic" by Chuck Hellebuyck and "PIC Microcontroller Project Book" by John Iovine that should also help get you going. You have to be careful when buying books for learning about PIC's as most of them are using assembly language, but these two books are both for PIC Basic and PIC BasicPro.

Being a former instructor for the national alarm training school I know that people learn things in different ways, some by actually doing things then there's the book readers. I obviously don't know what type your group is but get the books, go to www.melabs.com and get a programmer maybe perhaps some training boards and get started. There are many different web sites out there that sell "developement boards". Another good one is the EasyPIC 4 system from MikroElektronica. Awsome board with alot of flexibility and worth the money!

There is a company called RCG Research Inc. that puts on regular training programs. They are at www.rcgresearch.com. Its a 3 day program that includes training materials, the compiler program and one of melabs training systems. It's pricey but if you want to get started the right way, it might be worth the time and money. I wanted to go 2 years ago but my work schedule wouldn't allow it.

Sure hopes this information helps you! Good luck in your venture.

BobK