245 Led Matrix Display (as constructed by Magu)

Closed Thread

Default 245 Led Matrix Display

Finaly this is it. Full instructions and pictures for building your own 245 LED MATRIX DISPLAY . Good luck and have fun.

http://www.zamfirelu.org/led/LED%20DISPLAY.pdf

Originally posted and Copyright by Trent Jackson & constructed by Magu with submissions and help along the way by various PICBasic forum members. Any similarities to persons living or dead purely coincidental - Melanie
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Anything Is Possible ...
    (If someone helps you is some cases.)

T.Jackson Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Smile You WIN

O.K - you win, I hereby pass over to you full ownership of this "simple" project. You may modify and or distribute any of the project files as you see fit. But first, you may want to correct the zip files that you have uploaded. Upon attempting to unzip them (I only tried the first two) winzip returns an error saying that there are no files to extract.

Default The ZIP files

Mr. magu,

I am also having trouble unzipping the ZIP files. Maybe someone could help you to make the files available.

-Adam-
    Ohm it's not just a good idea... it's the LAW !

Hi,

If you open the files with a hex editor and you will see that
    the files use the RAR file format.

Rename the files to filename.RAR and then
    use WinRAR to decompress them.

Best regards,

Luciano

Well, I was about to delete this thread for reasons of plagerism, when I realized that Trent waived his rights to it.

Even so,

Magu,

I hope you realize that you didn't design this project.
    Granted, you've done a lot of work building, troubleshooting, laying out a PC board, etc. But ...

It's only right for you to at least say that it was "Based on a Project by T. Jackson". No matter how you might feel personaly.

As an example, Tim Box and I have had a few problems in the past. But even some 5 years later, I still quite openly proclaim that he came up with the idea for "Instant Interrupts".

He didn't follow through and turn it into something usefull, that's what I did.
    But his name will still remain there till the end of time.

I hope you'll consider it.
    <br>
    DT

T.Jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Taylor View Post
    Well, I was about to delete this thread for reasons of plagerism.
    Seems to be an increasingly new way of society. Just go and ripoff something on the net and claim it as your own. I had a guy on Planet Source Code come forward claiming to be the owner of one of my award winning pieces of work. Simultaneously, in the process, he was also submitting to the site some code that he had stolen from his previous victim's. Cut a long story short - I got this bugger in the end, he submitted a piece of work that could have only have been done by someone with a tremendous number of years experience. Whoever wrote this thing had to have had an IQ of 130+ This particular thief, even at the best of times, had great difficulty in completing even a few simple fragments of text without errors. I pointed this out to the staff on PSC, they then proceed to promptly remove him from the site. Normally their policy is; "we need evidence" - they made a special consideration in this instance.

Apparently, also, this person likes submitting ripped off hospital management software with a less than convincing plea for donations. Oh there's some lovely people on the internet.

Superhuman powers distilled from the consumption of vast amounts of coffee (and not available to ordinary mortals) were used to edit the title of this thread and add credits where credits due to post#1 (regardless if rights were waived or not!) - Melanie

Hi,

There is no doubt in my mind that in this PicBasic developer community
    everybody knows that this project was entirely made by Trent Jackson.

I am quite sure that several people will claim this project as their own work.
    If this project would have been published in a magazine the result would be the same.
    To Trent goes the satisfaction to keep them busy for a couple of days.

Best regards,

Luciano

T.Jackson Guest

LOL!

Big regrets with that PC-Controlled Burglar alarm. Electrically it's not bad, bit expensive to build and the software isn't exactly the best. I've managed to learn a lot since it was published. Particularly with Visual Basic and PBP. It made the front cover of the magazine, which ultimately completed a goal I had set for myself 5 years prior.

Hi,

I do not want to be pessimistic, but every open source project is able to be "stolen" ...

may be that's in the rules we have to accept when publishing. Copyright is just a view of mind !!!

I recently found one of my friend's projects ( W/ a Copyright ! ) more than closely pasted ... and sold by a Brazilian shop : " pure Brazilian Product " they said ...

poeple also build and sell Other's projects ... just to pay their studies or hobbies. not to make money ...

Where's the limit ???

Trent Wrote " Free Project " ... looks to mean " do what you want with project " ...

Was the same for our beloved "Eng 444" who used soft from this forum to get his diploma ... if he got !!!

Alain
    Last edited by Acetronics2; - 28th June 2007 at 11:06.
    Why insist on using 32 Bits when you're not even able to deal with the first 8 ones ??? ehhhhhh ...
    IF there is the word "Problem" in your question ...
    certainly the answer is " RTFM " or " RTFDataSheet " !!!

T.Jackson Guest

I guess a lot of it comes down to common sense. Personally I tend to follow (so I've been told) - the Creative Commons act. If I come across something on the net that I wish to use in my own work, be it an idea, a piece of code, I generally tend to completely reshape it to a point where it would be almost unrecognizable to the original. Basically I will mold & learn from it. This is comparable to doing a legitimate citation, for say, a UNI assignment. You read a paragraph of text, learn from it, then in your own words write something similar.

Of course you can't go around doing this to everything. Especially if you stand to make a profit from it. Remodeling something with a patent pending on it will surely land you with a lawsuit. But one things is for sure, I always credit people, and if I ever made some considerable money from a project that involved the use of another persons intellectual property, I would be in contact with them to discuss business.

And up to this moment, where is the response from magu?

Ioannis

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post
    And up to this moment, where is the response from magu?

Ioannis
    No comment futher. Good luck to all. I am gone...
    Anything Is Possible ...
    (If someone helps you is some cases.)