No more Jaycar for me.

Closed Thread
    T.Jackson Guest

Post No more Jaycar for me.

Never again will I ever purchase parts from Jaycar electronics after seeing these prices: http://www.futurlec.com.au/ICCrystals.jsp

Jaycar charge $4 for crystals, futurlec's everyday price is 40 cents !!!
    Last edited by T.Jackson; - 1st June 2007 at 15:30.

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by T.Jackson View Post
    Never again will I ever purchase parts from Jaycar electronics after seeing these prices: http://www.futurlec.com.au/ICCrystals.jsp

Jaycar charge $4 for crystals, futurlec's everyday price is 40 cents !!!
    Hey...
    They've got 27C64's in stock for the low low price of $12.95.
    What a bargain...

DigiKey all the way

OK sometime they don't have the best price on the market, but overall, their pricing are really nice. Main advantage for me... i'll have my order the next day... not 3 weeks later, And this a t a reasonable shipping price.
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    DigiKey all the way

OK sometime they don't have the best price on the market, but overall, their pricing are really nice. Main advantage for me... i'll have my order the next day... not 3 weeks later, And this a t a reasonable shipping price.
    Not only that, but I have had nothing but great experiances with the Cust. Support. Yes, I'll shop around, but if it is just a matter of a dollar or two, I'll go with Digi-Key for speedy and friendly service!

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Not only that, but I have had nothing but great experiances with the Cust. Support. Yes, I'll shop around, but if it is just a matter of a dollar or two, I'll go with Digi-Key for speedy and friendly service!
    Digikey, Mouser, sometimes even eBay, rare occassions Jameco...

T.Jackson Guest

Anyone know a good source for (5x7) matrix LED modules ? I'd like to purchase a quantity of them very, verrrrry cheaply.

skimask Guest

Anyone know a good source for (5x7) matrix LED modules ? I'd like to purchase a quantity of them very, verrrrry cheaply.
    Kinda sux as an option, but I see a lot on eBay, keep trying and you could possibly get your hands on a bulk auction cheap...

the problem with e-bay is they sell in lot's of ten and you pay shipping cost's for each lot so if you buy 3 lot's of ten you'll pay the shipping 3 times which makes them not so cheap after all.your best bet is Futurlec where you only pay shipping once and if buying by the hundred is 1.10 us
    http://www.futurlec.com/LEDMatrix.shtml

T.Jackson Guest

No doubt about it - Futurlec have some good prices. I can see they have some good buying power, the price greatly reflects this. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd like to score a few k of those LED modules at around AUS 50¢ ea.

Hi Trent,

Try to ask here.

http://www.nb-flying.com

Best regards,

Luciano

T.Jackson Guest

Smile

Luciano - thanks a bunch for that link. I have made an inquiry with them on quantities 1, 2 & 5K. Extremely curious to see the price.

T.Jackson Guest

They've responded, asking me for some further specifics on emitter colour. Judging from their web site, I trust them, they seem reputable, but I'm also a little concerned I have to admit.

T.Jackson Guest

Actually - turns out I"m wrong. Apparently, if the value of the goods is kept under $1,000, there's no tax and no import declaration paper work.

T.Jackson Guest

Smile

I have decided to go ahead with the import of these 3mm (5x7 LED matrix displays) They're common cathode types boasting 420mcd of output - fresh from the manufacturer.

In the deal that I've struck, there's 200 more pcs than what I need. These are up for grabs @AUS $1.25 ea. Minimum quantities of 25 pcs only. There's no further discount for taking the whole 200, so don't ask.
    Last edited by T.Jackson; - 6th June 2007 at 11:52. Reason: common cathode types

I have decided to go ahead with the import of these 3mm (5x7 LED matrix displays) They're common cathode types boasting 420mcd of output - fresh from the manufacturer.

In the deal that I've struck, there's 200 more pcs than what I need. These are up for grabs @AUS $1.25 ea. Minimum quantities of 25 pcs only. There's no further discount for taking the whole 200, so don't ask.

FYI - 8x8 LED matrix is USD1.25/pc here.

-------------------------------------
    "If the Earth were a single state, Istanbul would be its capital." Napoleon Bonaparte

T.Jackson Guest

AUS $1.25 = USD 1.0375
    8x8 is not as widely used as 5x7, bet I could import 8x8 for about the same price.

T.Jackson Guest

Last offer

If anyone wants to take the whole 200pcs, I'll do them for AUS $1 ea. That's USD 0.83 ea (remember these are prime spec - straight from the manufacturer, 420mcd of light output, red in colour, 3mm dot size, column cathode types)
    Last edited by T.Jackson; - 7th June 2007 at 04:10. Reason: column cathode

Hi Trent,

Do not show the price conditions you got from the manufacturer.
    This is not fair for the manufacturer and other companies selling this product.
    (Edit that post).

Before you offer the displays to others:

Wait until the LED matrix displays are on your desk.
    Wait until you see the final cost of the displays.
    Wait until you see the quality of the displays.

Best regards,

Luciano

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.