How do I drive 7 seg LCD with a PIC16f917

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

willemaajansen Guest

Post How do I drive 7 seg LCD with a PIC16f917

I'm trying to drive a LCD using a Type-B waveform in 1/3 mux, 1/2 bias drive with a PIC16f917. I have wired up a LCD bias resistor ladder and Lumex LCD the same as Microchip documentation #AN1013. When I remove the LCD from the circuit I can light the segment with static from my finger so I don't think I have blown up the LCD. I'm also using the internal oscillator of the PIC16f917 set at 32k. While trying to program LCD part I have had a blinking led going so I know the program is cycling through the steps.
    The documentation #AN1013, #AN649 has a LCD program in Microchip assembly program and I just not getting it right. I have used Microchip assembly program for small part of my programs in the past, and I have to struggle every time I do. Can some one give me any example in PICBASIC PRO how to set up the register and program a LCD segment or more 7segment for a digit.

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by willemaajansen View Post
    I'm trying to drive a LCD using a Type-B waveform in 1/3 mux, 1/2 bias drive with a PIC16f917. I have wired up a LCD bias resistor ladder and Lumex LCD the same as Microchip documentation #AN1013. When I remove the LCD from the circuit I can light the segment with static from my finger so I don't think I have blown up the LCD. I'm also using the internal oscillator of the PIC16f917 set at 32k. While trying to program LCD part I have had a blinking led going so I know the program is cycling through the steps.
    The documentation #AN1013, #AN649 has a LCD program in Microchip assembly program and I just not getting it right. I have used Microchip assembly program for small part of my programs in the past, and I have to struggle every time I do. Can some one give me any example in PICBASIC PRO how to set up the register and program a LCD segment or more 7segment for a digit.
    Let's see what you've got, and then we ALL can build on that framework...