Serial Communication Using PIC16F84A

Closed Thread

Default Serial Communication Using PIC16F84A

I want to interface PIC16F84A with mobile phone. The aim of my project is to create a device that can control the relays using SMS. Here is some questions:

1) WHat is UART? Please somebody explain it briefly.
    2) I read in the internet that PIC16F84A dont have built in UART so we must create this function using the software(programming) Can somebody teach me how to do this?

3) If send the sms to mobile phones, is it possible that PIC16F84A can read this sms?

Please help me, sorry if my question is too easy for you guys. Actually I'm a beginner in this field. Hope will learn a lot from you guys. Thanks

Regards,
    Fakhzan

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fazan83 View Post
    I want to interface PIC16F84A with mobile phone. The aim of my project is to create a device that can control the relays using SMS. Here is some questions:

1) WHat is UART? Please somebody explain it briefly.
    2) I read in the internet that PIC16F84A dont have built in UART so we must create this function using the software(programming) Can somebody teach me how to do this?

3) If send the sms to mobile phones, is it possible that PIC16F84A can read this sms?

Please help me, sorry if my question is too easy for you guys. Actually I'm a beginner in this field. Hope will learn a lot from you guys. Thanks

Regards,
    Fakhzan
    1 - www.google.com
    2 - www.google.com
    3 - No, the PIC cannot read SMS. It comes from the factory blank. You have to program it first.

Quote Originally Posted by skimask View Post
    1 - www.google.com
    2 - www.google.com
    3 - No, the PIC cannot read SMS. It comes from the factory blank. You have to program it first.
    What I mean is can somebody show me some example or teach me how to create UART function using PIC Basic Pro programming.

I know the PIC is blank and we must program it, what I mean is, is it possible for us to create such a communication between the PIC and mobile phone and then we can read the data that being sending to the phone. Please advise.

I know you are too good to answer such a question like this. But for such a beginner like me it is not a simple thing. Thanks

What I mean is can somebody show me some example or teach me how to create UART function using PIC Basic Pro programming.
    Look in the PBP Manual under Serin and Serout for details of how to create a serial input and output from your chosen PIC
    Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
    www.kat5.tv

Quote Originally Posted by keithdoxey View Post
    Look in the PBP Manual under Serin and Serout for details of how to create a serial input and output from your chosen PIC
    Dont have the manual that u talking about. Can you please send it to me?
    Thanks

Mayday Mayday Houston!

We got a problem !

--------------------------

Dont have the manual that u talking about. Can you please send it to me?
    Thanks
    In that case I would suggest you return to the authorised retailer where you bought your PBP because the manual comes as part of the package.

IYSWIM

I think we have another entry on the list chaps !!!
    Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
    www.kat5.tv

In that case I would suggest you return to the authorised retailer where you bought your PBP because the manual comes as part of the package.

IYSWIM

I think we have another entry on the list chaps !!!
    If Do u mean the manual is the document that contain all the description of the PIC Basic Pro command then I know it explain about the Serial in but it doesnt story about how to create UART using bit-banging that can use any general-purpose I/O pins as RxD and TxD?

This is what I want to know....not general description of serial in and serial out.

Sorry if my question is funny.

If Do u mean the manual is the document that contain all the description of the PIC Basic Pro command then I know it explain about the Serial in but it doesnt story about how to create UART using bit-banging that can use any general-purpose I/O pins as RxD and TxD?

This is what I want to know....not general description of serial in and serial out.

Sorry if my question is funny.
    The whole point of PBP is that it does the hard work for you without you needing to know assembler.

IF you want to bit bang serial data the hard way then write a PBP program using Serin/Serout and look at the resultant *.ASM file or Google for serial routines in Microchip Assembler.
    Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
    www.kat5.tv

The whole point of PBP is that it does the hard work for you without you needing to know assembler.

IF you want to bit bang serial data the hard way then write a PBP program using Serin/Serout and look at the resultant *.ASM file or Google for serial routines in Microchip Assembler.
    Thanks keith