Can't compile

Closed Thread

Thread: Can't compile

Lilmanmgf Guest

Default Can't compile

I recently reformatted windows, and for some reason I am now unable to compile. When I attempt to conpile I receive this error,"Unable to compile toggle program.bas. The source directory is read only." I'm using pic basic pro, and microcode studio. My OS is windows xp, and the c:\PBP folder is read only, but I am unable to change that. In my previous install it was also read only, so I am at a loss. I tried reinstalling the compiler in a different folder, but it did not work.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

As you know, since it is read-only directory your compiler can not create files to write into that folder and as long as it is read-only, you won't be able to compile.

There can be two solutions.
    1. You may be having limited-access account in your OS. Make sure you have administrative privileges.

or

2. You may try moving PBP folder to C:\WINDOWS\PBP in which you should, most likely, be able to write. If not, you need to move PBP folder to a directory in which you must have the ability to write. If no folder gives you that, than you can try moving it to a zip drive and compile there. It will take longer to compile though.

It sounds like you are either working on a school or public computer. Why are you not able to change read-only feature of that folder? Most likely it is because of the access you have.

-------------------------
    "If the Earth were a single state, Istanbul would be its capital." Napoleon Bonaparte

Lilmanmgf Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Thanks for the advise, but neither worked. This is my personal computer, and I'm running XP pro. Even logged in as an admin I am unable to change the folder properties. I might just reformat. Stupid windows...