Hi, I am also new to this forum and like most newbies, I just recently got started in this PIC business and I am currently trying to design Punching bag that records the pressure of each hit and also recording the statistical workout of the punches, etc. Also we are trying to design this as a "simon said" lighting game to the punching bag in which when an area of the bag is lighten up, we should punch that indicated area.

This is our Senior project idea for our Electrical Engineering bach. degree, so we were looking for help to see if this is a hard project to proceed on with? Or if it is a mild difficulty project, where should we look for help? We are very new to the PIC chips, and we were wondering if there is any tutorials out there that can lead us on this journey.

Any help would be great, we are currently trying to decide what chip to buy and sensors, we already bought the touch sensors (FSR 1.5 inch sensors) for the detections of punches and pressure recording, and so far we have bought a PICKIT2 starter kit to learn some basic things.

Question 1: Did we get buy the right materials so far?
Question 2: If not, what do you suggest for the chips and sensors?
Question 3: Is there any tutorials for LED squencing along with data recording for sensor impact and timing that can help us get started?

Thank you for reading this, any help is appreciated.