Transceivers with 2 different PICs.

Closed Thread
    Eng4444 Guest

Question Transceivers with 2 different PICs.

Hello,

i tried 2 transceivers Aurel XTR-434 MHz.

On one side, i used transceiver as a transmitter taking data from PIC16F876A.

On the other, i used the second transceiver as a receiver connected to PIC12F675 that displays numbers on LCD.

i used for both PICs crystals 4 MHz. but what happened?

data being sent from the first side is taking too much time to arrive to second part and be displayed on LCD.

Sometimes, it does not arrive at all whatever the distance is close..

I was told that it's because they do not have the same internal oscillator. i checked this on datashseets and found that they really have different internal clocks.

So is this the real reason for not receiving data? or might be something else?

Eng4444 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Post Still waiting for an answer..

Lot of people view it; why nobody knows what to answer?

Try sending $55 all the time. See if you get any results. If yes then you need Manchester Encoding (topic already discussed).

If not then search you com settings (speed, system clock etc).

Ioannis

Question

Hi Eng4444,

I think the reason no one answered is because you aren't giving us enough inforamtion to work with. You subject us to just guessing and wasting our time. You went through this same thing on your last "big" problem. This is why I gave up responding. If you want help then give us something to work with besides part numbers. You were asked to show some code and perhaps a schematic. We went back and forth guessing before. I'm not doing it now. I love helping people but I can only go so far with my hands tied behind my back. If we had the right information from the beginning maybe we could wrap things up quicker.

BobK

Bob, Eng4444 is just winding up the good folks on this forum. Supposedly, he is not yet at the level of establishing successful I2C interchange, or even displaying simple data on an LCD - and yet suddenly here we have a great leap into the unknown with Wireless Comms... He has a great reluctance to read Manuals or Datasheets and would rather you did it all for him and provided him with ready working solutions. It's high time that he solves some of his own problems through STUDY and EFFORT and HARD WORK like the rest of us - or goes to school and learns a few basics!

Hi Melanie,

I've been following all of the various posts that have been made including your comments. I couldn't agree with you more! We've all been under that strain of trying to get a project done on time, but it doesn't do anyone any good if it only partially works. What really frosted me was when he said he had been working on the project for 3 months and now here is the last 2 weeks and he doesn't have a clue or want to take the time to understand what it is he's doing and he's here looking for the answers and solutions.

Have a nice day, Melanie and to everyone else on this forum.

BobK

Eng4444 Guest

Exclamation Dear Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by BobK
    Hi Eng4444,
    If you want help then give us something to work with besides part numbers. You were asked to show some code and perhaps a schematic. We went back and forth guessing before. I'm not doing it now. I love helping people but I can only go so far with my hands tied behind my back. If we had the right information from the beginning maybe we could wrap things up quicker.

BobK
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Sorry to say this but maybe you are just very good in talking...

you keep on saying: give infos, give explanations.....

Whevever you asked it, i directly wrote 2 lonnnnnnnnnnng posts where i explained to you what i did. and then, i sent you a message telling you that: "i wrote explanations so please check them".

But since then, you disappeared!

And here you returned here... with your same sentence: GIVE INFOS!!

Now you will disappear again and when i will ask a third questions you will return... so see you at a later time!

Thumbs up Hey dude, where's the info?

Eng4444,

On your last big problem, BobK gave you eveything you needed to solve your problem in this post here.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3977

Everything! - Reread it carefully and you will see, that with a little effort from you, your troubles could have easily been solved.

With your new problem, no one has a clue what could be wrong because you have provided no details.
    Ioannis suggested something to try – did it work?
    With no response from you, BobK asked a very good question in an effort to HELP YOU.

Post “your” code (not Melanie's), tell us what does not work and you might be able to get some help from someone whose bridge you have not burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eng4444
    ... i want you to understand that working with PIC is not my specialization at all ... But it just happened that in my senior project, i am adding an extra part and using PIC. Then, i will never see PIC in my whole life.
    When do you graduate? In a strange kind of way, I think we will miss you ...

Paul Borgmeier
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    USA
    Last edited by paul borgmeier; - 7th June 2006 at 17:28.

Wink Kickback really hoped ...

Hi, Mel, Bob, Paul ...

I just hope our friend's examinators will have a look to this forum ... to help for their final decision.

Alain

That strangely reminded me a .177 pellets story from Turkey ... not so far ago.
    Why insist on using 32 Bits when you're not even able to deal with the first 8 ones ??? ehhhhhh ...
    IF there is the word "Problem" in your question ...
    certainly the answer is " RTFM " or " RTFDataSheet " !!!