Closed Thread

Default New Posts Being Marked As Being Read Before Actually Being Read

This is getting quite annoying. A lot of time, not all the time, when I read the messages they get flagged as being read before I've actually read them. Today for example, I haven't been here for a couple of days and there were no new posts according to the forum. However when I went into the section there were a pile of new posts that were flagged as being read that were actually only posted today. Any ideas as to what might be the cause of this annoyance?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

you noticed that too huh. do you still get the email notifications when some one has posted a reply to the thread? i too have not been in for quite some time and one of the threads i started had tons of replies and i never got the email informing me. maybe its just me being paranoid.
    -·=»‡«=·- saturnX -·=»‡«=·-

Wink

I get the notifications for new post in threads that I have contributed but when I came here all the threads were marked as if I had already been here earlier and read them. Might be a ghost or maybe my evil twin!

well you've heard of haunted houses and ships... so why not in cyber space? lolz!
    -·=»‡«=·- saturnX -·=»‡«=·-

Damn thing did it to me again! There were new posts, I did a search for something and then mysterious they were all read by the time I was done my search. Obviously I must be able to read extremely fast and have a the worlds shortest memory because I don't recall even looking at the posts let alone reading them. I'm now just using the New Posts button because at least it seems to work properly.

Phil Guest

From the help files:

Once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (360 seconds in this case) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

Wink

Hello CocaColakid,

CCK>>Damn thing did it to me again! There were new posts, I did a search for something and then mysterious they were all read by the time I was done my search. Obviously I must be able to read extremely fast and have a the worlds shortest memory because I don't recall even looking at the posts let alone reading them<<

Sorry about that CCK, I will try not to use your login name again..
    Ability to Fly:
    Hurling yourself towards the ground, and missing.

Engineers that Contribute to flying:
    Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute

Pilots that are Flying:
    Those who know their limitations, and respect the green side of the grass...