Hi Folks,

I have a project in mind that will combine 3 incoming serial streams into 1 which is then streamed via a 4G modem. All are 9600,8,n,1 with different start headers so can be identified on the receive end.

The first serial string consists of 50-60 bytes of various data (much like a GPS string) incoming at 10 strings per second (10hz). The other two strings are around 15 and 20 bytes repeated at 1hz. I'd like to receive all 3 strings, process/filter wanted parameters then combine the data into one string for sending via a modem (baud rate preferably still 9600 but higher speeds if necessary). All in real time and without missing samples.

I have some 18F25Q43 (with 5 UART on board) samples on the way but then a quick check of MeLabs' device list shows no support for the Q41 (3 UART) or Q43 families. I've emailed them but don't expect anything to change anytime soon. Other compilers support the Q family but my preference is to use PBP3 wherever possible.

Can the above be done with a 2 UART device and a software (Serin2) 3rd serial port?

Any suggestions or guidance appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bill