Compiler (PBP v2.50C) errors

Closed Thread

Default Compiler (PBP v2.50C) errors

Hi,

Back after a few years off, using a new laptop & os, having lots of issues using a previously working program & PIC.

(too many) Compiler (PBP v2.50C) errors found : Cannot open file (Include file C:\Program Files (x86)\Mecanique\PBP\pbppic14.lib (using PIC16C711)

Also yesterday, My programmer (MELabs Programmer Beta ver 4.61.0) seems to go through the programming process without error, but the chip doesn't get programmed (blank). (using PIC16C711) - I Set Options to Default.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    James

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Compiler (PBP v2.50C) errors

Run as administrator....

I am now going through something similar. Out of the blue my PicStart Plus at the office won't program 16LF819. I also have another one there and I get the same error readings. However both program 8 pin and 28 pin chips without any problem. Yesterday I took the chips home with me to program them on my programmer. Same error messages. I now have come to the conclusion that the entire batch of chips is bad because I have some older 16LF819's at home that program without any problems.

To droptail; you reloaded your older version of PBP onto a newer PC. What version of MPLAB(X) are you using? If you just went to the Microchip site and downloaded the latest, you have MPLABX version 5.50. For PBP you need version 5.35 or older. This will certainly flub things up.

To Peter; the fact that something simultaneously happened on 2 computers at 2 different locations is quite coincidental. If you have a new batch of PICs, that could explain the coincidence. If you had previously programmed one or more from that batch, then I suspect a Windows update may be the culprit.

With the 819's I had bad times and I could never find what really was the cause of the problems. Some time it was the bad connection of the probe, other the software (a reboot correct it..!) but never on other chips such strange behavior happend.

Recently, although on some of my pcbs there are still used these oldies, I do not face such problems. Gear the same. Go figure...

Ioannis

I'm working on a project that just requires a 40 pin PIC; nothing fancy, any 40 pin will do. I have an old batch of PIC18F26K22's from a project years ago; brand new, bought from Digi-Key, still in the shipping tube. I found the pins couldn't deliver clean digital outputs; a LOW still had almost a volt, while a HIGH was barely over 4 volts (at 5 volts VDD). Switched to a K40 and everything switched clean. Maybe older stock somehow has issues, and with the electronics shortages, I've been told sellers are dusting off older Revision parts and selling them. The possibilities are endless, all things considered.

That is really strange. Because the chips are C-MOS, static can do damage if not handled right.

Do all the chips in the tube have the same behavior?

Ioannis

I had exactly same issue with voltages and found out that reason was ADCON not configured properly

Ioannis: Don't know, switched to the K40 and didn't bother sorting through them.

CuriousOne: I make it a habbit to spell out ALL Registers for PORTs, ADC, and any other peripheral I use. Between the ANSEL, TRIS, and ADCON Registers, I don't think I missed anything applicable to Analog. Furthermore, it was ALL the I/O pins (and I am using most of the pins for Digital).