+ Reply to Thread

Default Au full quiet out rear..

Wow, One would think every body is on Vacation or raking up leafs or preparing for winter. There hasn't been any new post's on either this site or the ME Labs forum in weeks. I guess every body has all of there PIC projects under control. I suppose that's a good thing. Well, back to the bench myself. I just received from Crownhill some Amicus 18 boards for $.99 each and am in the process of getting them programmed. Now I just need to find some of the Color LCD displays for there shield's which I also bought for $.99 each. The Amicus 18 boards are ideal as they have ALL of the port pins in a logical order on there Arduino style board's. I plan on populating them with 18F27K40's for a few of the projects here. I have used there boards for some development projects at my former employer TRW/ZF about 2 or so years ago. It's too bad they are discontinuing them.
    Last edited by Dave; - 11th October 2019 at 15:09.
    Dave Purola,
    N8NTA
    EN82fn

Default Re: Au full quiet out rear..

I forced myself to learn to program in C because ME Labs didn't update for the new PICs last year; I needed a PIC16F18426 (introduced in 2017) for many projects (fell in love with that one!). At first I programmed it in ASM using MPLABX. After getting familiar with MPLABX, C was the next step. I'm now designing around 16-bit PICs & dsPICs as well (thanks to XC16). The lack of updates is hurting PBP in my opinion. The Microchip PIC forum is plenty active.
    I don't need the world to know my name, but I want to live a life so all my great-grandchildren proudly remember me.

Not sure if this helps but, we are selling all remaining stock - at heavy discount and the Graphic display that you mentions only #5

https://www.crownhill.co.uk/02874.html

Ultimately what does not sell, be it boards or components will go to landfill. So buy while you can, because when they are gone, they are gone, unless someone grabs the gerbers and starts making boards or other development boards
    Lester - Forum Administrator
    -----------------------------------
    www.crownhill.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mpgmike View Post
    I forced myself to learn to program in C because ME Labs didn't update for the new PICs last year; I needed a PIC16F18426 (introduced in 2017) for many projects (fell in love with that one!). At first I programmed it in ASM using MPLABX. After getting familiar with MPLABX, C was the next step. I'm now designing around 16-bit PICs & dsPICs as well (thanks to XC16). The lack of updates is hurting PBP in my opinion. The Microchip PIC forum is plenty active.
    I'm having a similar problem like you. Even though PBP supports PIC16F19197, the DT interrupts do not support it. So, I'm having a lot of trouble implementing a program using ON INTERRUPT. I'm hoping that somebody that knows assembly updates the DT interrupts.
    "No one is completely worthless. They can always serve as a bad example."

Anonymous

A few of us took some time to document not only how to USE DT Interrupts, but how to MODIFY them as well:

http://dt.picbasic.co.uk/INT16/Customisation
    Last edited by Ioannis; - 15th October 2019 at 21:05.
    I don't need the world to know my name, but I want to live a life so all my great-grandchildren proudly remember me.

I agree. Not updating for a long time does hurt the compiler.

Also not many have the skills to do the modifications for the new chips on the DT-INTS (including me).

Last but not least, C is too hard to turn into and leave PBP for good. Maybe is my age or other stuff I have to take care... But cannot follow easily the syntax and libs of C yet.

I edit your post Mike to direct exactly to your article about customization.

Ioannis
    Last edited by Ioannis; - 15th October 2019 at 21:06.

Ioannis, now that you changed the link it makes a little bit more sense. I'll try to give it a shot to update the DT interrupts for what I need.
    "No one is completely worthless. They can always serve as a bad example."

Anonymous

Thank you Ioannis. I just got lazy I suppose.