+ Reply to Thread

Default How would one go about 3D printing investment casting ?

Getting more into the nuts and bolts of your question, it would be easy enough to 3D print object model to lay a mold around- however, most materials printed by commercial 3D printers will not simply melt out.

If I were given this task and a choice of a couple commercial 3D printers, I would go ahead and print my part- then, I would do an an acetone dip to smooth out the 'steps' and roughness that most 3D printers will still give to parts- a careful acetone dip can achieve the smoothness of the finest wax mold in a fraction of the worker-hours. I would lay out my mold (risers, sprue, etc) as normal, and then when the mold material had fully set, I would put the whole assembly into a mid-temperature furnace with an oxidizing atmosphere- 350C would be plenty -and wait for the 3D printed model to burn out! Easy. 3d printing service in punjab,haryana,dehradun

Default Re: How would one go about 3D printing investment casting ?

I saw some wax filiment for sale on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORO-LAY-MO...53.m1438.l2649
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    Tyranny is defined when law enforcement is allowed to make the law.
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.