Au-full quiet out here lately...
+ Reply to Thread

Default Au-full quiet out here lately...

Wow, Is it just me, or is it Summer and everybody is outside doing chores. Now that I'm retired and check the site's I see a minimum of activity. I hope everybody is having a great Summer so far..... I have got my 3D printer working overtime making table lamps for my daughters outdoor wedding...
    Dave Purola,
    N8NTA
    EN82fn

Default Re: Au-full quiet out here lately...

Personally, I fell in love with the new PIC16F18426 and ME Labs hadn't gotten around to including it in the latest PBP update. I felt obliged to learn how to program in "C" and use MPLABX just so I could use that Godsend PIC. I've been spending lots of time on the Microchip Forum lately. As a side benefit, having gotten somewhat functional with C, I started dabbling with 16-bit PIC and dsPIC processors. A whole new world has been opened to me. I check in with this Forum because occasionally I can help someone that is in the position I was in about 9 years ago. (More recently than that I may not now know the answers ).
    I don't need the world to know my name, but I want to live a life so all my great-grandchildren proudly remember me.

It gets quiet this time of year every year. Vacations?

Quote Originally Posted by mpgmike View Post
    Personally, I fell in love with the new PIC16F18426 ...
    Personnally it's the PIC16F15325: just 14 pins, 2 EUSART, 4 PWM but most of all: Peripheral Pin Select. Works with PBP too!

And PIC12F1840 or PIC12F1572 as a substitute to PIC12F683 when only 8 pins are required.

Sorry, I had to express my feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Wow, Is it just me, or is it Summer and everybody is outside doing chores. Now that I'm retired and check the site's I see a minimum of activity. I hope everybody is having a great Summer so far..... I have got my 3D printer working overtime making table lamps for my daughters outdoor wedding...

So it seems that it is actually quiet in the background ; just needs some topics to be posted here to bring people up.

Dave, have some automated drones over the wedding to get pictures. So yo do not pay the wedding photographer.

You can also have some synchronized light show in the sky. You can even print names in the sky.
    Check this; an old video buy gives the idea. It is made of 2000 drones, but you can make it work with less then 20 I guess.

"If the Earth were a single state, Istanbul would be its capital." Napoleon Bonaparte

Michel, Lately I have used the 16F18326 for a few different lamp projects as well as a remote temperature and alarm transmitter.
    It's a nice device, 14 pins with NCO and PPS as well as CLC.
    Dave Purola,
    N8NTA
    EN82fn