Request : meCONFIG

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS is an organization of interrupt service routines and other works written by Darrel Taylor, RIP.

Interrupt routines are arranged per Darrel's original list. Darrel Taylor's Instant Interrupts are an extension of the work of Tim Box whom in October of 2002 wrote INT_CTRL.pbp

Many of the forum members felt this is a long overdue project.

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS
will be a valuable resource and a tribute to Darrel Taylor the "Fanatical Contributor".

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS is located at http://dt.picbasic.co.uk/

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Request : meCONFIG

Hello, I was browsing the whole DT cookbook site, and I could't find any mention or link to the meCONFIG tool.

I know that meCONFIG is unsupported after Darrel passed away, but I think it is still a very useful tool for the majority of projects.

TIA.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Request : meCONFIG

THE BOOK of DT's INTERRUPTS located at http://dt.picbasic.co.uk/ was compiled from information taken from Darrels web site , wayback machine & users contributions of Darrels work.
    I do not recall seeing a tool meCONFIG. However if you , or others, can make it available with some documentation, or an explanation of its operation, I or one of the other authors would be very happy to add it to the DT site.
    Lester - Forum Administrator
    -----------------------------------
    www.crownhill.co.uk

Lester, If you email me at "[email protected]" I can send back the .ZIP file you are requesting. This site does not allow more than 1 Mb file size. The .ZIP file is about 4957 Kb.
    Dave Purola,
    N8NTA
    EN82fn

Lester, I have emailed the files to you, as the forum will not allow me to attach RAR files.

You basically select the device, then you select the desired configurations(oscillator, brown out reset, WDT, LVP, etc) and It will create the code for both PBP2.X and PBP3.

MPLABX has a similar tool, but not nearly as visual and intuitive. as the configuration bits are not labeled, so you always need to take a look at the datasheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The .ZIP file is about 4957 Kb.
    }

The one I have is about 1900KB, and it consists of only the executable setup file... where is the difference ? Version is 1.0.0.11 dated 2014

This is an old version that was not updated. It is abandoned and useful for relatively old PICs.

Ioannis

Here is what I do; PBP includes a list of all PICs covered (with the version you have) located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\PBP3_1\DEVICE_REFERENCE. (Yours might be "\PBP3\" if you haven't upgraded.). From the list, find the part you're using, open the .info file with Notepad (or other text program). At the top you will find all the CONFIGs formatted as it should be in your PBP code. Copy and paste it, then remove the comment semi-colons. This lists the default settings. Below that are all of the individual CONFIG bits with the possible options. You can copy/paste changes to alter them individually.

Other options:

1. MCC: https://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-code-configurator

2. Great Cow Basic: http://www.greatcowbasic.com/gcb.html

The first needs MPLABX to work.

The second needs to install the free GCB Ide/compiler. The language is free and supports many PIC's. You do not need to make any config at all. Write your code and the needed configs are created automatically. Then you can open the *.asm file and copy the configs if you want to continue in PBP.

Ioannis

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I would very much like to see this tool make a comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by n0yox View Post
    I would very much like to see this tool make a comeback!
    Me too !

Don't think so.

Microchip has a bad habit to change the notations and other thinks on new devices and this makes things too complicate.

One has to read ALL the datasheets and then make a program to read those *.info files of every chip and in a graphical environment display those settings.

Too much of work to do and especially to maintain.

There is the equivalent MCC tool by Microchip for anyone who wants to test it.

Or simply, open the device info file in the DEVICE folder within your PBP folder and find all the relative info.

Ioannis