Dear all, i open a separate thread from this one http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/show...t=19080&page=2 as far as i made a mistake continuing in there. I need to apologize for that.

I have opened it under PBP3, because a friend has a PBP3 in his laptop, i still have an older version but i'm planning to purchase the PBP3 soon.

If an admin would like to move all the post from #66 and then, please do so in here. thanks a lot.

Now as long as the PIC16F88, is limited to what i need to do for the project i have placed an order for the following PICs.

1. PIC18F26K22
2. PIC18F46K22

I know that it will be difficult to understand the fuses but i would like to read and learn if you also help me. As i have told in the past im not a programmer so the code i have done up to now with your help it may reached my limits. I keep reading on the internet useful info and datasheets.

So lets start from the beginning:

I need to write a code that is getting the NMEA information from the GPS and display them at an LCD. For the LCD i prefer in the beginning to have the uLCD 1'44 from 4D Systems as fas as it doesnt need any driver. At the end of the project i would like to use the .inc files in order to use a Nokia 3310 or any other cheaper display.

I have in mind to start from the scratch, and with your advice based on what i need to do, to write the code in an appropriate format. Please be patience as i need time to understand things. And i need to understand what am i doing on the code. It will be useful for a newbie like me in the future to read the thread and really understand. Because for you all, that are experienced and you are in a good level of programming, you do not have either time to explain what you are doing and why you are doing at a difficult parts of code.

So now i will start the project from the very basic, like why do we pick this particular PIC, why we select these fuses.....

I place myself under a newbie and for the rest like me, i will start with a very basic info and code. We will continue that in order to reach a good level and to complete an average project.

At the end it will be like a training with examples but real life examples with explanations and detailed info for each step.

If there is anyone would like to help here please do so.