MCS is Crashing

Closed Thread

Thread: MCS is Crashing

Hybrid View

Default MCS is Crashing

I have had the MCS shutdown several times (gray-out) with a error screen. I believe this may have something to do with the file saving path. If I manually save my work every so often I have not experienced any problems. If I don't manually save the file and an auto save works is where I believe things go awry. I usually save to the factory default area under "My PBP3 Programs". Most of the time I will save the new rewrite to a flash drive under "Save As" and use this to copy over the old file on the same computer and over the same file on another computer. I am using all the latest upgrades and have had this happen several times after having 3 pages of code written on Toshiba running W7 and a newer Dell running W10. I'm sorry I didn't copy the error code. ( It said an exception error has happened with an address and MCS must shut down). I hope this helps someone to fix this issue. It is very annoying. Now I manually save after every page rewrite. Cheers.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: MCS is Crashing

Don't worry about the error message, it's been posted before but the developler doesn't seem to care all that much since he's never seen it happen and "we" can't provide a way to reproduce it at will. It's all a big mess and nothing seems to get done.

I've never thought it might have something to do with the save path or auto save or anyting like that. Lately I've been leaning towards the serial terminal beeing tha culprit but I don't know. Did you happen to have the serial terminal running when it crashed for you?

/Henrik.

No serial port was in use during programming writing. I would usually code a page and run test compile, and if good, add more lines. Sometimes I didn't use the thumb drive or any other connections to the laptop and it would still drop out. Hope this helps. So for the time being, no fix available and I'll manually backup.

cross-thread posting, I have two Dell laptops (one I5, one I7) with W7x64 running. BOTH experience this problem. Sure would be nice to have a fix. Usually seems to happen while typing rem comments in - anyone else see this trend, or is it just me?

Can't say I can relate to that. Have been coding on/off for short periods, 20 minutes here, 2 hours there during the last week, writing a lot of comments, and haven't had a single crash. Same file(s) as I've been working on Before, on the same machine etc etc but not a single crash now while it can crash 5 times in 10 minutes on a moody day.

/Henrik.

Yeah I've seen that frustrating lack of consistency. Next time it crashes, see if you can make a mental note of WHAT you were typing. EVERY crash I have had occurs during typing, despite the fact that I can easily leave the program up and running for a day or two between sittings.