How do they do this? Any idea?

Closed Thread

Default How do they do this? Any idea?

In the picture u can see bobbin cover with lead wire.I ask to the factory how do they do this they told me there is a machine controlled by microprocesor.After than i want the picture of the machine but they did not show me.Any suggestion or idea to make this with pic's?I need to give the sama shape to the bobbin (4.5 mm lead wire) Coz we re doing the samething with human.And it takes so much time.If any body give me any idea or exemple i will be really soo glad.Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Asking is not a shame but not learning is a SHAME!!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Nifty idea for a project. Here's a picture of one --
    http://www.ruff-inc.com/toroid_machi...od=MINI-SIMPLE

OK Darrel; here's neat little project for you....;o)
    Regards,

-Bruce
    tech at rentron.com
    http://www.rentron.com

We wind our own Transformers in-house (handle wire down to 0.02mm)... but for 4.5mm wire, even our most powerful winder (an old 2kW Koelectric) will struggle and gasp! You need something like a medium sized lathe.

Question I have an idea any suggestion?

Thaks Bruce i looked to the web site that u post me but all of them for copper or other materials none of them can winding hot lead wire.Hot lead wire has a problem.If u wind the wire too fast it shrinks.If u wind the lead wire too slow it damages.That means i need a winding machine that has a speed control unit.

Here is my project that i want to do.

In the picture 10 there is a lead wire makeing machine that i do.I use the lead wire to make (diablo) 4.5 mm bullets.We have to winding the lead wire by our hands .
    You can see a picture of winded wire on picture 13.
    And a have an idea for winding this wire.The project has 2 parts
    1.wire winding control unit.
    2.speed control unit (that must be resistant to the hot)

I can imagine most parts of the project.U can see the picture2 that i want to control the speed.It is simple to do that.

my real problem is in picture 1.
    how can i dedect the wire to be defeated from the winded wire?How can the winding control unit can understand the right timeing to make a good winding like the picture13?

I really need good ideas or suggestions for this.If somebody make a project like this plz help me.Coz i am stuck
    Asking is not a shame but not learning is a SHAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    OK Darrel; here's neat little project for you....;o)
    Darrel,
    you should start with a machine for Toroids, that's the challenge!

Simple coils can be wound on mothers sewing-machine
    all you need is a counter for the turns.

;-)
    regards

Ralph

We have one of those... there is a large split ring which fits through the toroid core and closes to form a continuous concentric loop. The wire is then spooled onto this ring, anchor one end, and it is then despooled onto the torroid core whilst the core is rotated.

Air-rifle pellets are so cheap, you'd wonder why anyone would want to bother making them. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to import them from Russia? If you're only in Turkey, the freight costs would be minimal... and they sure need the currency, so you could strike a real deal.

mawdsjeff Guest

Default coil winders

Melanie mentioned she has a Koelectric coil winder. I acquired one recently, and am having trouble adjusting it. Do you have anyone who knows about it, or a man that does?! I make old plaited telephone cords as a hobby and to swap telephone bits and pieces, thats where i use it. Thanks Geoff Mawdsley

I have sent you a PM with contact details of our Engineer that plays with the Kolectric (always assuming your model is the same as ours).

Default Re: How do they do this? Any idea?

Hello

My name is David I live in Brighton Sussex UK. I found this post several days ago and had a few problems to arrive here !

May I ask for any information on the Kolectric. I ask as I may have obtained one or should I state I hope to have one soon.

I have sent a PM to Melanie as she appears to have a tame Kolectric Engineer.

In any event kind regards David.

Default Re: I have an idea any suggestion?

Sub Zero, It seems like nobody understands your problem, here is my way to solve the problem. First you will need two strong stepper motors one to turn your bobben and the other to guide the wire, then you have to use a PIC with 8 + I/O's to drive the motors, 4 pins for each motor, I will recommend the PIC16F627/8, that is a 18 pin device. You can use port B to drive the motors and port A for sensor to sence when the guide is at the end of the spool and change the direction of the guide motor and a rotory encoder or pot to set the speed of the bobben motor (see the PBP manual on how to use a pot on digital input) or you can use 2 push buttons. There is lots of stepper driver cicuits on the net and PBP code.
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I'm always willing to try.

Would something like this work or along these lines?

Well, it sure does the same thing, just on a different scale! Good find!! The Youtube guy isn't taking temperature into consideration of course, but he does have speed control and everything else. With the optical feedback and strong enough motors, you should be able to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by ERMEGM View Post

Nice project that you found there.

Robert
    "No one is completely worthless. They can always serve as a bad example."

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ERMEGM View Post

That was very innovative.

Actually, a pickup winder was my first targetted PIC project. I used an old cooling fan as the main motor (printed an encoder pattern, then stuck that to a CD, which in turn was stuck to the fan motor) & I used an old dot matrix printer's stepper motor as the traversal motor.....it worked surprisingly well, but you really need floating point as you end up dealing in a lot of fractions to get the traversal going accurately enough.

Speaking of traversal, that was the weak pount of the guy's solution in that video - terrible resolution (as the traversal changes direction, you've got the diameter of that large hole the wire is threaded through introducing large amount of innacuracy).

I'd recommend a helix type traversal solution along these lines (which is what I used)....

Simpler too.

Knowing what i know now...I'd strongly recommend just using two stepper motors... one reasonably powerful one for the main turning motor and a smaller one for traversal. It makes accuracy a whole lot easier. (& is much less time consuming trying to get none dedicated bits & bobs to work in an enviroment they were never intended for)

PS Oh btw I'd imagine that after 6 years, the OP has probably found a solution by now!
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; - 20th August 2011 at 10:21.