What's happening - the forums is quiet

Closed Thread

Default What's happening - the forums is quiet

Is it just that people are no longer using PBP anymore, or is the whole electronic hobby grinding to a halt ?

This forum used to be buzzing a few years back, to the point that it was hard to keep up with the posts. These days you can visit three days apart and still no new posts (PBP2.6 forum)

I'm guessing that with the event of arduino, and all the other new "development" systems programming PICs in basic is now old hat ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: What's happening - the forums is quiet

I check every day but recently there have been a spate of spam posts.
    Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
    www.kat5.tv

Like I said in another post the S/N ratio sure is decreasing, adverts and outright spam is more frequenct than on topic posts - and that's just what I actually see, I can imagine even more crap gets deleted before *I* see it even though I usually check the forum a couple of times per day.

Then, the more times we answer how to handle CONFIG and how to enable digital pins the larger is the chance of someone finding the answer to that question before asking it.

If we want the forum to be alive we need to post interesting questions, discussions and projects.

Finally, it's not the first time the forum is slow but I agree that the overall trend seems to be pointing downwards. Melabs forum is quite too but it's sort of always been that way.

/Henrik.

Jerson has been zapping a truckload of spam.

I'd post, but I really have to finish my outside chores before snow. Then I have to finish the inside of the garage, then I have to finish the basement, then I have to take a nap...

Be back soon, I show up to give Jerson a hand for now.
    My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

Not as dumb as yesterday, but stupider than tomorrow!

Yes, there's been hyper activity on the spam front recently. Daily bunches of first time posts with nothing but links. It's getting quite boring to be zapping stuff repeatedly. These spammers never learn do they?

I guess, many including me have shifted to more powerful platforms like ARM and easy entry platforms like the arduino. ARM-Cortex M0 has the best bang for the buck. I still maintain my code done over many years using PICBASIC though. But, yes, it is getting quiet in here.