MicroCodeStudioPlus keeps crashing.

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Default MicroCodeStudioPlus keeps crashing.

Hello I have PBP3 and MicroCode Studio Plus and MicroCode Studio keeps crashing. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Regards
    CharlieM
    Using PBP3
    MCSPX

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: MicroCodeStudioPlus keeps crashing.

Sure, several people have reported issues over the years but Melabs doesn't write that piece of software so they just point you to Mecanique who in turn claims they've never had such an issue and what they can't repeat they won't bother looking into. The general oppinion among those who HAVEN'T had a problem is that it's something specific with all the computers that DOES have a problem rather than with MCSP. Basically it sucks, big time. And proper integration into MPLABX is a mess without official and current documentation.

See, this thread and this thread for starters. And please please report it to Melabs, you might even want to call it in on their support line since apparently no one has done that before.

/Henrik.

Hello Henrik,

Thanks for the info. I would think also that Charles would get involved as it is the IDE for his compiler. I will contact David and see what he says. Thanks.
    Regards
    CharlieM
    Using PBP3
    MCSPX

I too, have this issue intermittently (and extremely annoyingly). Part of the problem is reliable reproduction of the crash. I'm thinking it may have something to do with having 2 video processors on the Dell XPS laptop I've been using (one being NVIDIA), so am about to try another laptop to see if it resolves it. I'll let you know if I see any difference.

If you find anything else out, please post it here.

Thanks

Yeah, just spent an hour trying to help Bill in this thread and the bloody thing crashed 5 times during that period.
    I'm farily sure it does not crash if just left sitting there, it always seems to be when I'm typing.

I'm starting to think it MIGHT have something to do with the serial terminal but I'm far from certain.

/Henrik.

Anyone interested in FineLineIDE please PM me and I will provide a download link for the latest FineLineIDE BETA. FL is easy to trial as it can be simply cut copied, pasted or deleted as all FL files are contained within the directory of your choice. FL is also free as in free beer.

Norm

Mine never crashes when "sitting idle", always when typing, most often when typing comments (?) maybe because I type a lot of them.

Is anyone else who is experiencing this issue using a dual-video card machine? Mine has both "NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M" and "Intel HD Graphics Family" listed under Display adapters (Device Manager), running Win7/64 - DELL XPS L702X

Any hardware similarities here that are shared by others with this cursed problem?