Please help configure 16F676

Closed Thread

Default Please help configure 16F676

I'm using a 16F676. The program was working fine till I changed the hardware to use PORTA.3 as a digital input to recognize a pushbutton. Now as soon as the button is pressed the whole thing locks up and I have to turn the power off to get it to reset.

I know I need to turn MCLRE off. I think I did that, but obviously I did something wrong or I've left something out. Please help me figure out how to use PORTA.3 as a digital input.

FYI, PORTA.1/AN1 and PORTA.2/AN2 are connected to potentiometers and being used as analog inputs.

Code:
    #config 
        __CONFIG _CP_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT& _MCLRE_OFF
    #endconfig

ADCON1 = %00000000
    ANSEL = %00000110
    CMCON = %00000111      

TRISA = %00001111
    TRISC = %00000000

' Set TMR0 to interrupt every 16.384 milliseconds
       OPTION_REG = %10000101        ' Set TMR0 configuration and enable PORTB pullups
       INTCON = %10100000           ' Enable TMR0 interrupts
       On Interrupt Goto tickint

'                      
        '    Hardware connection
        '    ===================

CS          VAR PORTA.5                                                                     ' digital potentiometer SPI connection
        SCK         VAR PORTC.2                                                                    ' digital potentiometer SPI connection
        SDI          VAR PORTC.1                                                                    ' digital potentiometer SPI connection
        tempobutton var PORTA.0                                                                  ' push button 1
        tempoLED var PORTC.0                                                                      ' push button 1 status LED
        trailsbutton var PORTA.3                                                                    ' push button 2
        trailsLED var PORTC.4                                                                       ' push button 2 status LED
        mosA var PORTC.5                                                                           ' MOSFET switch A
        mosB var PORTA.4                                                                           ' MOSFET switch B
        mosC var PORTC.3                                                                           ' MSOFET switch C

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Please help configure 16F676

Just guessing here but the spacing after noclockout might not recognize the ampersand and therefore the mclre_off config. Could it be that easy?